“Very Nice Hotel”

Novotel Liverpool
Ranked #32 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Very centrally located. Very clean. Very tidy. Very helpful and conscientious staff. Very slippery changing rooms before the swimming pool. Very enjoyable swim. Very security aware. Very expensive breakfast (£13.95 each - we did not partake), VERY warm room. 8.5/10

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Daz1965

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I'm glad that you found our staff to be helpful and conscientious.

I hope that next time you stay you might consider adding breakfast on to your reservation or on check in as this will cost £9.95, please see a member of staff for more details.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed here for a Saint Valentines Day overnight after a romantic evening in Liverpool city centre. Price was a big influence in decision because we only live 12 miles away so a taxi home would have been no more than £30. We booked a superior room and paid £78 for it. This did not include breakfast - more about that later. Location was also an important factor and it is in a great central location. Check in was quick and easy and there is waiting space outside to park your car while checking in. First impressions were of a very clean and modern reception. Check in complete I went to park the car in the QPark car just opposite the hotel where you get a discount from the hotel of £3.50 off the normal £14 for 24 hours stay. For security the lifts in the hotel can only be used by key card holders. Entering the room we found it to be very clean, spacious, well laid out, with a large bed, TV which offers premium channels and movies and music player connectivity, Tea/Coffee making equipment, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and occupant controlled heating/air con.
The room had a good sized very clean modern bathroom with bath and both overhead and flexi hose showers. The toilet was in a separate room which didn't have it's own wash basin so had to go into bathroom to wash?? The room is supposed to have free wifi, which I tried to use on my iPad, it allowed me to connect to the Novotel network but try as I might I could not access Facebook, YouTube, BBC iplayer or anything else for that matter. I didn't bother asking reception why, maybe i was doing something wrong? but it might be an issue
to some people. We had an hour to spare before it was time to get ready to go out for dinner so we visited the hotel bar. It is well stocked but I thought £15 for two glasses of wine was a little pricey. We never got to try out the gym or pool so can't comment on these. The bed was comfortable and room was very quiet for a city hotel.
Anyone who's read my other reviews will know I like a good breakfast from my hotels. It's the oly time I indulge myself in a Full English so I look forward to it. The breakfast is extra ( not sure how much ) but boy is it worth it. It was the best I have ever had in any hotel and the only one to offer EVERY thing a Full English should. Check out was simplicity itself, ( don't forget your car park discount ticket ) Overall a really great base to visit my birth city, and one I will be using again in the future. Well done Novotel.

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Go_Away_Man

Thank you very much for your detailed review. I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay over the Valentines weekend and that breakfast lived up to your high expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed on Valentines Night with my partner, great location as meal was booked in Bem Brazil opposite. Parking easy and great to be asked/told about voucher when checking out as we would not have thought to ask

Pity about the pool being closed as reason we got there early to have a relax. Would definatly stay again

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Lauren1085

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay. I'm pleased you enjoyed it and you found us well located, we hope to welcome you back soon

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights on business. Hotel is very easy to find from Liverpool Lime & Central. Close to shops & the docks. Room was clean, beds comfy. My only issue was the separate loo which I found odd due to the energy saving bulb, which meant going to the toilet in a very dull quite small cupboard! Breakfast was adequate & the staff were friendly and eager to assist. Pool was closed but advised we could use the Marriotts for free. Will stay again for business & pleasure.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear EmilyyJayne

Really pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us in Liverpool and you found the hotel was well located and our were staff friendly. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Liverpool.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Overall a good locationin Liverpool, but the overall experience let me feeling a bit average. Unfortunately the swimming pool was closed for maintenance when we were there, which was a shame. The rooms were ok, but small and a little cold. Small things in the room could hve been improved including: The iron, the Wifi, The plug sockets.
Breakfast was good and the overall rate reasonable.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear AndrewCNewbury,

Thank you for your feedback however I was disappointed to read you were only satisfied with your stay.
The pool was closed temporary for repair however we had made arrangement for our guest to use a local pool free of charge.
If you have time please do call me so I can identify your room number so I can look at the iron board and sockets 0151 702 5100.

Thank you for you feedback.

Kind Regards,
Matt Brett

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed here one night while on a Globus tour and found it to be very nice. The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. The buffet breakfast and group dinner were good. It is a great location for walking to the renovated upscale Albert dock area, the John Lennon memorial sculpture, convention center, The Beatles Story Museum, the re-created Cavern Club where the Beatles performed and the pedestrian entertainment street.

Room Tip: It is a new modern sleek hotel and all rooms are contemporary design. Very nice. No one in our gr...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear LRJean

Ii'm pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us in Liverpool and you found the hotel was well located to everywhere you wanted to visit. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Liverpool.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights for a long weekend in early february. Upon arrival, it was a good surprise to find out that the hotel has given us two connecting rooms (we were four). One of the rooms was very spacious and had all the necessities (big bathrooms etc with alarm) for a wheelchaired person (not in our case). The hotel is super well situated, just few minute walks to the docks and the shopping areas (and train station). On the second day, we had a birthday cake delivery and the hotel staff happily provided the plates, spoons and knife despite it being an external order (from experience, some hotels are rather grudgy about that). Would definitively book again for our next visit!

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear x8luna8x

I'm really pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us in Liverpool. I hope that you enjoyed the Birthday celebrations and I'm happy that our staff were able to accomodate you and the rest of the party.

We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Liverpool.