“Location, Location, Location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Location, Location, Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, right in the heart of Liverpool close to many bars and restaurants.
The room was clean and tidy, and the bathroom was nice.
There is a car park just over the road where you can park and will get a discount if you are staying at the hotel, it is not a great deal but better than nothing.
Breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice and everything tasted fresh.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
You have to pay for wifi
Overall a good stay and a great location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear neilpatel84,
Thank you for the great review and hope to see you on your next visit.
Matt Brett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ideally located in the centre of Liverpool, a stones throw from Liverpool Bus Station, the City Centre and the Waterfront.
In the basement is a good size pool and gym that opens early and does not close until 10pm.
There are plenty of restaurants within easy walking distance as well as night time attractions.

Room Tip: We had a family room with a sofa bed for th kids
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear B P,
Really pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and liked our leisure facilities.
We hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Clean and modern hotel. Great position to see liverpool from and got at a good price. Review would be quite different if had paid full price. Bed sunk in middle a bit so not best nights sleep but overall good hotel great price and location!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear johnricky1702,
I am pleased to see you found us well located and your room clean and modern.
We hope to see you again soon.
Port Sunlight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is ideally located in the heart of Liverpool. I have never been disturbed at night and I always have breakfast in bed. This is my fortress of solitude and I love it. I have only ever stayed in an executive room so I don't know what the standard ones are like. Don't hesitate to book if you're looking for anywhere central. The only criticism I have is when I pay above £100 for a room I do expect my cases to be taken to my room for me.

Room Tip: Spend an extra £20 and have an upgrade! The views of the city are fantastic from the Executive rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear spuderini,
Thank you for such a great review and I am pleased to see we are your Hotel of choice in Liverpool.
See you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in August 2012 for 1 night with a friend. We needed a good location as we were stopping over after a night in Liverpool. Room was fab, very clean and great view across to the docks and Lpool1.

Great facilities, we especially liked the use of their sound system. I plugged my ipod into the tv while we got ready and when you shut the door in the bathroom the sound system was amazing! Never experienced anything like it in a hotel bathroom! The shower the morning after our night out made the hangover much better!
Great hotel, location couldn't get any better, walked to Lpool1 for a meal and again walked in concert square later on without needing a taxi. This hotel made my birthday night out!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank RKins89
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Here I am again with Novotel. A warm welcome from the friendly staff, I think they are getting to know me now.
I had a fab stay as always and enjoyed my breakfast so much I had seconds! I had fun watching Italian tv in my room.
I always look forward to my visits here at this hotel because I know I can expect consistently good standards and very pleasant and helpful staff, always a pleasure. Try it for yourself.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Welwyn Garden City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just returned from Three nights at this hotel, I was on floor three with a room that faced another hotel, not a great view but it wasn't a problem!! The room itself was fine, clean, with a stocked mini fridge which was useful for storing milk for my cuppa!!

The bed was comfy and everything in the room worked as it should.

Nothing to complain about, I stay in Novotels a fair bit and I really could have been in any country!!!

We did eat in the hotel one evening. It wasn't too bad, but the food was quite dry and felt as if it had been kept warm. Breakfast was excellent, great selection of food and again the staff seated us and bought tea or coffee straight over.

Used the spa and pool a couple of times, the pool was freezing but the sauna was great and very relaxing! It was worth it for the trip to the sauna alone.

We were able to use the quick check out , with assistance from a member of staff.

All in all a very good comfortable time and we are planning to return in June.

Room Tip: The rooms on the lower floors have no view!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear lyzzydee,
Thank you for such a positive and detailed review, really pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and will be return again June.
Thank you again for your feedback.