“All the facilities I want where I want to be”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Novotel Liverpool

Novotel Liverpool
Ranked #32 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Stockport, United Kingdom
“All the facilities I want where I want to be”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This modern buil hotel is on the corner of the street where I want to be, but it is close to the BBC, Liverpool One, Bus station, waterfront, and Merseyrail and despite the bustling street outside, the hotel is a haven of peace. The staff are very helpful, the food good all day, but if you really want to eat out, there is a cosmopolitan offering opposite and all around.
Liverpool City Centre is relatively small so nowhere is far away
I have stayed several times before and have no hesitation to revisit
Ive markred the rooms down because of two things - they tidy everyting away and the first time I had difficulty finding the remote and I have a walk in shower but it is not in the same place as the loo which has no washing facilities

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Mikecain,
Thank you for your detailed review and I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Matt Brett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Polish first
Blackpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed with two daughters aged 12 and 10. The hotel has a good location for Liverpool One. As mentioned in previous reviews chick in was rather slow but not a great problem. Room was spotless clean and catered for our needs.One of my daughter is a coeliac and the staff were helpful for breakfast even providing some gluten free bread for her. Kids liked the pool yes it is not massive but they had it to themselves for over an hour which they enjoyed. We had a good time shopping, cinema food etc and would look to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Blackpoolcoyb,
Thank you for your detailed review and I was pleased that you enjoyed your weekend shopping with your children.
My apologies if the check-in was a bit slow on your experience, on your next stay please do try our new check in kiosk. I am sure you will find it quick and easy to use as an alternative if all the reception agents are busy.
I am pleased were able to accommodate your daughters dietary requirements.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel certainly wasn't great- toilet separate from bathroom- problem with room allocation- using computer check in system, very impersonal- lift broken (we were on tenth floor) - abrupt staff- room way TOO hot, no way of cooling - general hotel interior very much like a modern youth hostel- would not recommend for a romantic weekend - or anything else for that matter!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Hellshall,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I would like to speak with you in person so I may investigate further. Please do contact me on 0151 702 5100 when you have time to talk.
Thank you for your feedback.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Booked this hotel mainly because of limited number of places in Liverpool city centre with pool. Very disappointing effort by Novotel. Very small pool, unisex changing room with lockers that don't have keys (none at all) and only one shower for everyone to share.

Pool too small to actually swim in and then you have to walk from one side of the changing area to the lockers and back again so your clothes are wet when you get there. Badly thought out.

Bar in hotel reasonable and rooms not bad at all but leaving the leisure facilities aside you can do better in Liverpool for the same money. Not the best Accor hotel I've ever been to...not even close.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Opsguy1701,
Thank you for sharing your comments about our leisure facilities.
We do have two separate lockable changing rooms in the leisure facility and also three showers which again are all in in separate lockable rooms. We have a further shower by the pool side for showering before using the pool and also to refresh if you sue the steam room. All of our lockers for belongings our now in service and keys are available for these from Reception. My sincere apologies if they were not in service during your stay.
I hope you will still consider using our hotel on your next visit to Liverpool.
stewarton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

My Wife ,daughter and I stayed for two nights in December 2012 and I found it to be a lovely hotel and right in the middle of the city.I found it to be very clean and breakfast was expensive but of a good standard.
The gym and pool were a bonus and we managed to use the pool (and steam room) four times during our trip.
No car parking was a disappointment but a discount for the neighbouring car park made up (albeit removed our ability to travel any distance while it was parked up)

Room Tip: get your carpark discount from the reception before checking out
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank flyingpig1872
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed as a family of four. Hotel is only a few minutes walk to the bus station. Check in was quick we arrived in the evening. The hotel room had everything we needed for a two night stay. Tv/iron board & tea/coffee facilities. Breakfast was included in our stay. Kids loved the pool. The room was a standard room maybe next time I would consider upgrading to a larger room as kids sofa bed was not comfortable but everything else was perfect. I would definitely recommend this hotel as its in a great location and staff were very helpful. Great city centre location for shopping.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear D H,
Thank you for sharing your comments and I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with your family. On your next stay I would recommend one of our Executive rooms. You will have slightly more floor space and a King size bed plus free moves for the kids if they have time in the evening.
Look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit with the family.
dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in December and its my second time here, lovely hotel and right in the middle of the city and very clean and breakfast was lovely ,check in was very slow as guy behind reception didn't,t seem to know what he was doing and had to get another member of staff to help him and there seems to be a problem with the car park as we were back and forth to the hotel reception with the car park tickets as they didn't,t seem to work ,apart from this I,d recommend it

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Gary046,
Thank you for sharing your comments and I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay.
My apologies though that the receptionist on check-in seemed inexperienced, our Reception Manger would like to speak to you to have some more detail if possible if you would like to contact him on 0151 702 5100 if you have the time so he can investigate further.
The Q-park next to the Hotel should have 24 hour assistance at the pay kiosk located at the entrance to the car, on your next stay if you encounter difficulties please press the Help button on the ticket machine and a member of their team form Q-park should be able to assist you.
I am pleased to see you will look to stay with us again so we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.