“Great hotel to stay with friends, not for romantic getaways!”

The Printworks Hotel
Ranked #25 of 73 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Somewhat surprised at the ferocity of the bad reviews, so thought I’d throw my two pence worth in.

We enjoyed our second stay at The Printwork Hotel a few months ago, the last time we stayed it was called the Renshaw and we have been to Liverpool several times in between. By “we”, I refer to myself and a group of friends who frequent cities in the UK for weekends away.

The hotel is perfect for a group of four like us as we simply check into a quadruple room and are away. We negotiated a good deal with the Manager and did have to wait a while to check in as there was nobody on reception. If you find this is a problem just pop into the side door into the restaurant and problem solved. It is a bit of a concern that the door to reception is left unlocked during the day (security risk when nobody on reception?) but during the night it is monitored.

The room we stayed in was a little too warm as the air conditioning wasn’t working (a frequent complaint I see) but this was not too big an issue as we left the windows open. Everything was working – iPod dock, TV (we hooked our PlayStation up to it for a few games before we went out) and shower etc. the hotel is very well located, approx. 5 minute walk from Lime Street station, the shops and Concert Square, so if you are here to hit the bars it’s excellent to stay.

Overall I would say that if you are a group heading out for a party weekend it is a very good base to stay in, if you are going away with your partner and want a quiet, relaxing weekend it is not. There are some unreasonably negative reviews from people on here who appear to be attacking the hotel because they made a poor choice of where to stay – if you are going away for a romantic weekend you would pick a romantic hotel, no? Also others have attacked the customer service here, we found all the staff to be friendly, polite and attentive to our needs, the fact somebody wasn’t on the reception desk does not take away from this in my humble opinion.

Having said that there are a few small issues here which didn’t bother me personally but they may bother you, so in conclusion if you use the The Printwork Hotel as a base for a night on the tiles you won’t go far wrong.

I hope you have found this review helpful, if you have please don’t forget to click the “Yes” button.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank obduro

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Unbelievable Hotel ,fantastic value and the staff are so friendly.the manager Darren was awesome snd couldnt help enough Our room was so beutiful and really quiet.Thanks to all and see you on my next visit

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel looks quite stylish and is in a good location but there is where it stops. We stayed there for 5 nights and the bed was not made for 3 nights in a row...a bank holiday weekend so the hotel obviously did not bother to make the beds over this period. The shower walls were very dirty, the toilet was dirty, the room was not dusted, and it was hit and miss if your waste bins were emptied. Sleep quality was poor with large amounts of noise such as bottles being emptied into bins at all hours etc and two others in our party being kept up all night with a party going on in the room next door. At breakfast we all had different cups..as they did not have any that matched and our drinks arrived with the waitresses fingers in the cups.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, if you are on the front there is a lot of noise from the street, if you at the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Umph885
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I am shocked reading some of these reviews, as me and my friend have just come back from staying here and we loved every minute of it! The staff were really friendly, John in particular was great! Our room was lovely, very clean and stylish, the heated bathroom floor was amazing. The restaurant was lovely with great food. And for under €70 each for 2 nights we thought it was great value. Ideal location for nightlife and shopping, all within walking distance. We have already said we're going back asap!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is not really a hotel as it has no facilities or if it had i was not informed of such upon checkin, this is merely a restaurant which happens to have rooms above.

Arrived early evening to find nobody on 'Reception' ? I had to make it evident to the receptionist that i was there as there was nothing at the desk in the form of a sign or bell giving instruction how to alert them,The receptionist was in the restaurant behind the bar?
Anyone can just walk in off the street and go upstairs to where the rooms are located without being challenged.

I happened to pay cash for the room there and then, however did not get a receipt, I had to ask for this myself when checking out to safeguard myself any problems.

I was given my key card and told which floor my room was located, got to the room and really did not have much to fault as it was nicely decorated and clean and comfortable.
The room however was not that well maintained as some lights not working, cracks & spaces in the tiles in the bathroom. I had to move the aerial myself to get a good reception on the TV, No plug socket where the kettle and tea and coffee facilties had been placed. There was a lovely expensive table lamp which was not located near a plug socket, however it did not work so it must have been for show.

There was also alot of noise from the pub next door until midnight, so had to turn the TV quite loud to drain out the sound,so would not recommend it for a romantic weekend.

I work in Liverpool City Centre and decided to book in here as it was convenient as I was working till very late the next evening.

I would not be too impressed if i was a vister to Liverpool and had to exerience such lack of customer service.

The room was very comfortable however the lack of hospitality let it down as Liverpool is a friendly city however this let us down and attention to detail.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank geonty
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my mum. We don't expect much just a comfy bed, clean room and a decent shower. I rang 48 hours before and paid for the room in full, to then receive a phone call from my mum saying I had apparently not paid..... It took nearly an hour to get them to finally admit it ad been paid for they have 'misplaced' the invoice that showed it had been paid. The night staff seemed to spend most of the time in the bar drinking (no not coffee or soft drinks). The room showed signs of neglect, the bottom of the bed had draws which had been kicked and had holes in. The light shade above the bed had a huge chunk missing out of it and it did not work, like many of the other lights and electrical items. The beds were awful and all we were given was some towels dumped on the floor no emptying of bins, replenishment of soap etc. The heater (£20) Argos was dangerous as well.

The staff we did speak to we're ok, however abrupt and rude when asked questions. No help in advising were to go or what to see they just pointed a a stand full of leaflets. This was meant to be a decent short city break for others day and it was ruined by this hotel for nearly £170 for two nights I expected better, especially considering last time I paid £80 for two nights at base to stay and would recommend anyone going there. Really wish I would of paid an extra £30 and booked the Hilton.

I will not be staying again and I have spoken to the hotel directly about how we can resolve this issue. Do not stay here, its a waste of money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Toni R
Reviewed March 4, 2013

we stayed last weekend 7 of us room for 4 and 3 people 38 pounds a night each the tv never worked ,the carpet had blood stains .the shower was good but bathroom tiles cracked toilet seat broken ,only lager in bar no cider or bitter lager was flat the staff were friendly but didn't get things done the night man was porter.doing the bar waitress in any problems could be sorted till the morning .tiolets in restaurant floors all wet ,this hotel is geared for stag partys and hen partyswould not recommend for couples or older peeps

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends