“Standard hostel”

Hatters Hostel Liverpool
Ranked #29 of 109 Specialty Lodging in Liverpool
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great breakfast, with ample choice and seating. Rooms were quaint, each being en-suite which is nice, and not as common as you may think for a hostel. Well located on the fringe of china town, with great restaurants just a moments walk away.

However, upon arrival a small slip of paper is given to you. This is your receipt, THAT YOU MUST SHOW ON DEMAND IF YOU WANT TO ENTER THE ESTABLISHMENT AFTER 10PM. So, if you go for a night out in Liverpool, then you need to keep the paper handy, otherwise they won't let you back in.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hatters Hostel Liverpool

Reviewed August 11, 2013

a very good hostel and it's in the centre where only 10 mins away from everything, only the breakfast there was no choice only bread with butter or cereal. the only disappointment we had was about the taxi from OTS Services very bad bad company the driver didn't came for us and they don't want to refund us!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I had such an amazing time in Liverpool that we promise to come again..and thanks to Hatters for the great stay. We had booked a private room because of the value and was better than anywhere so far visited on this trip. The main social space is ideal to enjoy company and meet new people. We managed to embark on a day trip to the lake district; in 1 day!! Thanks to the staff for their hospitality and keen service. The free wifi and breakfast is exceptional. I willnrecommend to all my friends!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I truly recommend this hostel. One of the best that I ever stayed. Great location; very closed to the city centre. You can do everything in the city on foot. Also the staff is friendly and the place is clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My first visit to Liverpool! The location of Hatters is great – very central and near the train station. It’s an odd set up; an asylum seekers residence crossed with an old style youth hostel but the beds were clean enough and we had an en suite bathroom. It was a bit shabby in places but fairly cheap given the location.

I telephoned before my visit and arranged and paid for breakfast for the four of us visiting. It was my friend’s birthday and I wanted everything to go smoothly. I asked for two vegan breakfasts, a vegetarian breakfast and a regular full English. I was told the vegan option would be no problem. When we went in to breakfast on Saturday the chef was unaware of my booking and could not have been less interested. He was rude and said “What do vegans eat - lettuce!?” It took about 15 minutes to finally get a plate of luke warm beans, tomatoes and mushrooms and one lonely Linda McCartney sausages (the veggie plate had two!). While we ate, the chef hovered about staring at us. I think he realised he’d been very rude. We ate down the road at Egg - a vegetarian/vegan café the next day, much nicer.

Other than that, our stay was fine. The beds were comfortable and the location of Hatters was great – all other members of staff I dealt with were friendly and helpful. He let the team down badly. I complained and eventually was given a full apology and refund for the four breakfasts. I don’t think I’ll be back.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and it was a bit noisy but that was due to other guests shouting and ban...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were in a private room. It was ok, room was clean, we had a TV, they changed our towels every other day and we had a hot water all the time. Only thing was that the room had a little weird smell, i believe because the building is very old, but some air refresher would fix that. The Kitchen is ok, but they don't have an oven. And they should put some pots in the kitchen because there is not much dishes in there. Also there was a problem with WiFi, the staff was helpful but we didn't fix the problem. It worked for that day and another day i couldn't connect to the WiFi. So i had to go somewhere else in the city, museum or cafe to send my emails.They should fix that. Also they don't allow you to drink in a hostel if you bought the drinks in store. Location is the best thing, it's very close to the center and docks. You should take earplugs because it was very loud, people running threw the hallways all night and shouting.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed only one night. I took a room for 4 beds and got 28 pounds. The hostel is very close to the town center and train station, the campus also. Sometimes I am disturbed at night when few people are shouting but everything is good. Breakfast was ok. Internet free and Good staffs and price !. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo