“seargant peppers”
Review of Blakes Restaurant

Blakes Restaurant
Ranked #386 of 1,694 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
Transit: The nearest stations are James Street or Moorfields and there are many bus links from all over the city into Paradise Street, just a short walk from the restaurant. There is a licensed Taxi rank situated outside the restaurant.
Description: Blakes restaurant is located inside the luxurious 4-star Hard Days Night Hotel in Liverpool. The hotel is famously themed after the fab four, and Blakes is located in the city's 'Beatles Quarter' next to the well known Cavern Club. The light and airy dining room is decorated with colourful Sergeant-Pepper-inspired artworks, and the organic, seasonal menu features classic modern British favourites. We constantly change our menus and always use produce which is locally sourced. These include our selection of cheeses and different flavoured ice creams.
Chester, United Kingdom
“seargant peppers”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

good value 2 course dinner if you go early. lots of interesting phpotos explaining about the people on the album cover

Visited October 2012
1 Thank sallyleaman

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“So this is Christmas??? Are you sure??”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I visited Blakes with 3 friends yesterday for a festive get together and all I can say is there wasn't much to celebrate!! I was first to arrive and didn't exactly receive a warm welcome, I was basically told to pick a table and sit down, not really what I expected from a restaurant attached to a 4 star hotel, especially as there was only one other table in the whole restaurant with diners sitting at it. We had booked the table for 2:30pm, my friend booked it and paid a deposit via phone, there was no mention at the time of booking that a 2:30pm sitting would be a problem. We had to hunt down a place to hang our coats ourselves while the waitresses looked on, yet again not the service I'd expect from a 4 star restaurant. Three of the 4 in our party were sat down by 2.25pm when the waitress came and asked how much longer the 4th member of our party was going to be as the kitchen closed at 2:30pm?! Luckily our friend arrived and we ordered at 2:28pm...phew!! We opted for the "So This is Christmas in Blakes" menu priced £25.50 for 3 courses, the starters and main courses were lovely....beautifully cooked and presented on the plates but the service was very cold and distant and the waitress/waiter made little attempt to be particularly friendly. The main complaint came at dessert time, my creme brulee was delicious and I couldn't fault it but I was the lucky one as my 3 friends' desserts were dreadful. Two of the girls ordered the warm dark and white chocolate brownie with raspberry ripple ice cream....one of them came from the kitchen warmed and slightly melted whilst the other was brick hard and cold. My friend had to ask for it to be warmed up, they both said the ice cream tasted "cheap" and it looked like it, as did the brownie which was like one of those you get individually wrapped for less than £1. The worst though was my other friend who ordered the coffee and mince pies (a dessert option when most other places would offer those at the end of the meal after dessert?). Out came 2 of the thinnest, cheapest shop-bought mince pies you can get....blatantly shop-bought as they were still in the foil tins!!!!! My friend was understandably disappointed to receive this as a dessert, especially given this was not a cheap lunch at a greasy spoon. We were then given a Christmas cracker to pull (surely would have been better at the beginning?) which was the only effort made to make it festive. After the meal we sat around chatting until it was obvious the staff wanted us to leave and we were made to feel rather uncomfortable staying at the table....the hoovering right next to us was a hint. All in all a very disappointing experience and certainly one I won't ever be repeating.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank angie_dodd2004
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Excellent meal on the Friday evening - stayed at this hotel. Only criticism was having 10% charge added to bill. Would prefer to be allowed to make own decision about this.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank mwallace1234
wirral
“It was a hard days night”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Took some friends to Blakes for our anniversary hoping for something special.Had a miserable time.Our waitress was dour to say the least.Food was okay when we eventually got it.Waited half hour for our drinks to arrive after asked three times.We are local people and wont recommend this place to anyone we know. The waitress asked us how we enjoyed it and when we told her we got a load of attitude in reply.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank spikesmum1
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Eat at the Hard Days Night”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a great restaurant for pre theatre or evening meals. Offering a variety of food from all over the world but mainly english dishes the restaurant has artwork from the Sergeant Pepper album and images of the artists on the album cover. Food is wonderfully presented and cooked and the experience is only enhanced by a visit to the Hard Dys Night bar in the hotel. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough if you are visiting Liverpool, especially on a Beatles experience weekend. Love, love it do!

Visited October 2012