Tripadvisor

Gino D'Acampo
Order Online
Ranked #280 of 2,148 Restaurants in Liverpool
Reviewed January 21, 2020

We called here during a trip visiting family who live in the Liverpool area. I'm pleased to say it was far better than some of the previous reviews suggested. A bit pricey but top quality food. I had swordfish which was very good while the other four all had lobster linguine which all thought was one of the best meals they'd ever had. I sampled some and have to agree. That's what I will go for on any future visit to a Gino D'Acampo. Good friendly service too.

Date of visit: January 2020
francescoz528, General Manager at Gino D'Acampo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Ciao David,
Thank you very much for such a great review! We work really hard to offer the best food in the best possible environment, so I’m happy to see that reflected on your last visit.
Look forward to see you again soon!
Kind Regards
Francesco Zaccaria

Write a reviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Actually really surprised at the quality of the food and the friendliness of the service. Both very good

Ciao,
We are very happy to hear your kind words. We work hard every day so that our clients can enjoy a wonderful experience. Im sure next time we will have that 5 star..:-)
Kind Regards

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

We went to review before booking a private dine for my husband 50th. Our intention was to view the room and whilst I understood there may be people dining it states that if you are club member then you access the room with pool tables and at least see where we would be sitting. I had been emailing regarding it and expressed my intention, was told just to speak to the people on reception shouldn’t be any trouble. I called to make my booking for this very reason and asked the girl who took my booking she said that would be fine, when we arrived I mentioned it to the girl who took me to my table (which we had wait 25 mins for with no apologies) despite booking in advance, she nooded and said that would be fine. No one mentioned it so at the end of the meal I went to reception and asked again to view the room, was told you no and you need to come on Monday or Tuesday. So that is a no from me, i was really disappointed and wouldn’t chance something as special as his birthday with this restaurant. I would say the bar staff and waiters were great, food was ok and decor and general vibe was great but I won’t be back

Date of visit: January 2020
francescoz528, General Manager at Gino D'Acampo, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Dear Msr Jennifer,

I apologize for the inconvenience you are describing, I would like to assure that at any moment was my receptionist intention to cause you any inconvenience, at the moment you request to see the bullion we were having a private event and that was the reason she couldn't show our Bullion room, when we are helding private event we usually ask our guest to set an appointment in another day, again I apologise if this cause you any inconvenience or make you feel we were saying no.. Please if you are still interest in having a look at our Bullion please feel free to contact me francesco.zaccaria@ginodacamporestaurants.com and I personally will arrange a meeting and we could have a coffee together .
Look forward to hear from you.

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

Went with high expectations.
Got a standard meal at a high price.
No better than any other high street restaurant but priced as though it was top class.
Service was good, food was average and prices were sky high.
Don't think we'd rush back to be honest.

Date of visit: December 2019

Dear Dan,
Thank you for taking the to contact us, we appreciate all feedback to help us get better at what we do. Please do not let this be a deterrent for yourself to come back and try Gino’s again .

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Came here to sample, as I am looking for a venue for my 40th. Safe to say I won't be having it here.

The people on reception are very rude and it felt that as we came in with two children we were put out of sight from the windows at the front of the restaurant. My suspicions confirmed when they did the same to another family.

Out waitress was polite enough and did a good job. The food was very disappointing for the price. My wife and I both had a sea food pasta dish, which was very oily, pasta over cooked and smelt very fishy. And to top it off I had an upset stomach for a few days after. Not pointing any fingers, but I was fine before I walked in and wasn't when I left.

Overall, fairly disappointing. Didn't make a fuss in there as didn't see the point.

Dear Ben,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us, please feel free to contact me directly at francesco.zaccaria@ginodacamporestaurants.com and have a chat regarding your experience to have a better understanding of what happen, regarding the food i will pass this to my head chef, we always encourage our guest to let us know if something is not right with their food when we do the check back and we will take action immediately in order to change the dish .We appreciate all feedback to help us get better at what we do. Please do not let this be a deterrent for yourself to come back and try Gino’s again .
Look forward to hear from you