“A lovely, cosy and comfortable hotel.”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Annabel B
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Done the Job”
Reviewed May 1, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

The hotel looks a lot more basic in person than it does in the photos. For £130 on a Saturday night in Liverpool city centre we wasn't expecting luxury anyway as on average a decent chain hotel for this date was £300+! We arrived and decided we would check in later that evening because we were in a bit of a rush. The man receptionist explained are room was being cleaned anyway and it would be ready for when we arrive later that day. We came back and Cathy the receptionist greeted us, she was so welcoming and lovely, very helpful. The cleaners hadn't cleaned are room and she stopped what she was doing and for about 30 mins made the room spotless herself new bedding etc. We were happy to wait because of the customer service if we hadn't been treated so well it could of been frustrating. We slept well and the bed was comfy, done the job and very pleased with the customer service we recieved, thank you cathy!

Your age range 18-24
Hi Annabel,

Thank you for your review.

First of all, i would like to apologise again for the waiting around, & that your room was not ready on time. Unfortunately, we had one of those days. Also, i would like to thank you both for being very understanding about the situation.

Cathy explained to me what happened, & you both could of not been in better hands. I am very happy how Cathy handled the situation, & even more pleased that you were both satisfied with the out come.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Nicky P
“Do Not stay here”
Reviewed March 18, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Absolutely awful place! Do not waste your money. Rooms are small and cold. Poor facilities! Would pay £45 at very best! I have stayed in hostals nicer than this place!

Louise C
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A lovely, cosy and comfortable hotel.”
Reviewed March 10, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Very clean hotel. A lovely room, warm, with a comfy bed and beautiful hot shower. Excellent friendly staff and great access to Liverpool city center, look forward to staying again

Hi Louise,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

KennyMayo
mayo
“Mr”
Reviewed February 28, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Not a great spot at all. In need of a serious overhaul and the place smells of damp. Booked two singles but on arrival only had double which didnt suit. Would not recommend, in fact i would suggest kerp well away.

squashy12...
“Very plesent”
Reviewed January 29, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

I was really worried about staying here after reading the reviews and booked a late deal for one night while my son attended hodpital for surgery.
Upon arrival the outdoors looked very run down and if I bring honest I said I was not even going to go in.
I went in and the young chap on the desk was very helpful and friendly gave lots of reassurance.
He let us go to the room and have a look you could tell that the hotel was in process of refurb and that the owners were trying.
Indoors was clean and decorated very nice.
Our room was warm and clean and had little tea coffee and sugar just what you needed.
Upon speaking with reception they did us a good deal and was very helpful giving directions and helping to find somewhere to eat.
In the morning the chap was very helpful and offered a taxi to the hospital if we needed.
Overall I think people need to give this hotel a break yes outdoors was run down but you could tell was in process of being updated.
Staff very friendly, comfy warm clean beds with fresh fluffy towels.

Hi there,

Thank you for your lovely review. Also thank you for understanding the fact, that we are in the middle of refurbishing.

We hope everything was OK with your Son, &we would welcome you back anytime you wish. Hope to see you in the very near future.

lorraineJ...
London, United Kingdom
“Smells and has damp”
Reviewed December 21, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

I have travelled all over the world and have written over 400 reviews and have stayed in 1 Hostel which was very nice and many 5 star Hotels, but I have never seen such an appalling hotel.

The lady on reception was very nice and friendly but I felt embarrassed for her to be in that situation.

Our small children said the hotel smelt before I could sit down but the kind receptionist sprayed the room, but after staying in the room for 10-15 mins we had to leave and ask for a refund.

The room had damp the sheets were dirty and my eyes started to burn me for hours after. The kitchen area was a pit and work site, our car was the only car in the car park with tyres and skips outside. I was afraid to leave my Mercedes in the abandoned car park.

Reception area had materials like ply wood all around just laying on the walls.
It looked fine online but its awful in reality.

I suggest they should have finished the building work to get rid of the mould before advertising rooms and hiring thembout.

Stay away from this place until place is more appropriate for guests to sleepvin.

Emma C
“Perfect for solo travellers on a budget”
Reviewed September 21, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Situated on Edge Ln, an easy walk from the University of Liverpool (and very near Wavertree Botanic Gardens). The Hotel has been taken over by new management, who are currently in the process of redecorating and updating.

What I really liked:
Was very easy to book and I got a bargain rate of £25 for the one night - which was perfect for me, as all I wanted / needed was a safe and comfortable place to rest my head.
Room came with a private bathroom (many places in and slightly above the same price bracket did not offer private / ensuite facilities).
Room and bathroom were very clean, a good size for one person. The bed was comfortable, WiFi was available.
The area was quiet and I had a very comfortable, undistrubed nights sleep, which was welcome after several hours of travel.
The staff were very amiable, friendly and welcoming and freely gave lots of useful local advice.

Once this hotel has had a change to complete it's make over, I believe it'll be a beautiful little hotel. In the mean time I would advise people to look past this physical process of change.
If your looking for an affordable, simple, yet comfortable, welcoming place to stay then the Maple Hotel ticks all the boxes.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing