“Fantastic value for money with some nice touches”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ullet Suites

Ullet Suites
Ranked #72 of 102 Specialty Lodging in Liverpool
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value for money with some nice touches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the night of Ladies Day at Aintree. My partner and I had one room, my friend and her husband the one next to us. From the outside it does not look grand or anything special, but inside the rooms were spacious, clean, with tvs, tea and coffee making facilities, fridge and heaters.
There were a few nice touches thrown in which were very welcome!
I can't really find fault with the Ullet Suites: more than adequate facilities at a bargain price. Admittedly: it may not be the most contemporary of places, but it fulfilled pur needs and more.
Parking immediately outside is limited to three places, so I would advise to be mindful of this and anticipate you may have to park on the street around the corner.
People should remember as you are based on a road in a city, it probably will not be as quiet outside as it would in the countryside.
Thank you.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ceedyclarke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here for a friends birthday as a couple. It is a slightly weird set up - you get emailed a security code to the front door and your bedroom door. There is no deadlock on the inside of the door - so whilst I am sure they change the code every day (??) I was a bit nervous. The rooms could also do with a safe or something similar. All that said, the rooms were clean, spacious and warm. When we arrived there was no off street parking, as there is probably only space for 3 cars on the front. So we parked a few meters away on a side road.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I only booked the room in the afternoon of our Friday night stay. When we arrived we had a room at the front which had road noise. I called Reception (as it is an unmanned hotel) & they called back with a different room. I was impressed at the cleanliness and how helpful they were. For a basic room for the night I would recommend it and would stay again. There is a kitchen on each floor for guests to use.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rochester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here for three nights last year, the room was basic, and in dire need of a bit of TLC....there were holes in the wall caused by the door banging into the wall.. the small TV did not work at all .. and worst of all we were on the ground floor and the windows were not secure they could not be locked at all and could easily be opened from outside.
We reported the TV was not working and that the window could not be locked on arrival and nothing was done to rectify this despite us reporting it.
When we returned home I e-mailed the Ullet suits on a few occasions I never ever got a reply!!!

Room Tip: try to get a room with a windows that can't be opened from outside!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night as we were up in Liverpool to see a football match. When we arrived at this hotel we were very disappointed, the garden out the front was overgrown, the front of the building is run down, there is no reception. The TV in the room was tiny and had poor reception. 'Easy links' into the city centre, well there's no station nearby. Nothing around it for ages and walk into town took 50 mins. It felt like a glorified hostel to be honest. Wouldn't stay there again and wouldn't go back. All I can say is the room was nice and it was clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lizzles14
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in the grove suits. Was very worried after booking this guest house after reading the reviews especially because I booked this hotel for several different people. We had 4 or 5 rooms. Hotel was very quiet which was nice, had it's own car park out the back. Doors have codes which they email to you! Clean communal kitchen type area with iron, microwave chairs etc. Rooms have a fridge, kettle, tele. Bathroom is fairly small, but it was clean. Towels provided. Shower could have been a bit more powerful, but that's all I could fault. Bedrooms were fairly large, high ceilings and generally nice looking. For the price we paid, I was very happy, it was better than other priced alternatives Travelodge, premier inn etc. Very close to city centre, taxi only cost £5 ish in and £10 back as it was night rates. Overall great! Would recommend if you want clean and pleasant, but don't expect the Ritz!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank beany2012
Banbury, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. The room was a nice size and the bed was comfortable and clean, and there was a fridge and a kettle, and access to a kitchen area if needed which also looked clean.

The bathroom was okay but badly designed. The towel rail was blocked by the shower door so there was no where to put your towel when you were in the shower and there was no mat provided so we had to use hand towels to stand on. There was no where to put toiletries on or even to put your wash bag. It should be quite simple to put a shelf up. The shower was difficult to use and the water flow was terrible.

The floors in the room were very slippery, they were some sort of hard wood/laminate and had been very polished. I slipped over twice getting out of bed with bare feet. As there was a lot of furnityre with sharp corners I thought this was dangerous.

There was a lot of traffic noise which didn't bother me but might annoy other people. Unfortunately some of the other guests were very noisy, I was woken up by a group of people coming in at 2.50 in the morning shouting at each other and banging doors. Having no staff on the propery meant there was no one to deal with it. If I had been staying on my own I would have found this intimidating.

Also the description of the place makes it sound as if there is a reasonable amount of parking. there are only two spaces and we had to find somewhere else to park

• Liked — The bed was comfortable
  • Disliked — Slippy floors and noisy guests
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Lynne B