“Beware - unmanned hotel - no one to complain to quickly!”
Review of Ullet Suites

Ullet Suites
Ranked #72 of 101 Specialty Lodging in Liverpool
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Beware - unmanned hotel - no one to complain to quickly!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

When we arrived we followed the clear instructions using the codes to access the front door and our room. The room was quite nice, freshly decorated and clean. There was a very large fridge a telly with free view, coffee, tea, milk and water. The bathroom was clean.
I was with my two year old daughter and we had room 6.
There is space outside for car parking but I moved my car to a relatives house near by.
The problems started when load music started playing in the room above ours. Then people started arriving. The stairs are very creaky and the fire doors slam very loadly so with the music and people coming and going we did not have a peaceful evening. I rang the reception number at 12.30am and although the man was very kind he explained it was an unmanned hotel, so hard to get someone to come round and get them to quieten down. I continued to ring every 15 minues or so, but the phone was then engaged until 2am. Someone finally came and broke up the party at 2.30am. There was then lots of noise as the room occupiers dragged thier funiture back into place. We had had a terrible nights sleep. Someone rang our doorbell phone at 7am, distrubing my daughter and I from the little sleep we did have.
Our shower bracket was then broken so I had to hold it over my head for a shower.
The next morning I was glad I had moved my car as there were lots of cigeratte butts and empty drinks in the carpark.
I recieved a full refund for my first nights stay and was reassured someone would attend the hotel every hour the following night to ensure the party stayed away.
When I emerged on the final morning the air in the corridor was thick with weed smoke.
I certainly won't take my daughter there again and would not reccomend this hotel to anyone.
Unmanned hotels are obviously easy places to plan a party.

Room Tip: Don't come here if you want to sleep!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Waste of money. Not suitable for children, dangerous sharp corners, no bath. Poor plumbing, showers rubbish, dated and shabby rooms. Cut myself on broken lampshade, management not responding to complaints. They cannot rely on repeat bookings as no-one would go back there. Was empty bar us on first night not surprisingly. Take torch to get in at night as no light to see door code. No not water at 9.00pm, soft cheap mattresses, broken shower head, very low water pressure so had to shower in my son's room. My door was left open after cleaning!! Overall very poor and my recommendation go elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marilyn M

Travelers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Wirral
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Me and my Boyfriend love lark lane and went for our 1 year anniversary we wanted to stay so we could have breakfast on lark lane too. These rooms are perfect for a short break and are wonderfully clean. They are un attended so having your codes is very important. Sefton park and lark lane are really close by walking distAnce. Would definetly stay again. A minor point is that the bed in our room was very squeaky and there didn't seem to be a way to let air into the room as it got quiet stuffy in the night.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Bowbea
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We found this hotel to be cheap and convenient. It's not too far from the University halls of residence or main student housing, so good for a few nights while we had a look round Liverpool before bringing our daughter home.

The entry codes for the front door and room were sent by email the day before, and it was simple to let ourselves in (and no keys to carry around while we there!). This entry method was explained several times during the booking process, so no surprise if you're paying attention.

The room was large and comfortable, with an en-suite toilet and shower, and had a single bed as well as the double we were expecting. There's a small communal kitchen with cooker, microwave and toaster - enough to cook a simple meal if you wanted to.

The 3 parking spaces can be a bit tight - but it's quite easy to park in a nearby side street if you need to. Frequent buses to the city centre run past the hotel, and taxis are at reasonable prices (and may be cheaper than the bus for several people).

The large Sefton Park is over the road, and good for walk or to get to areas in that direction. There's a Tesco at the top of the road, and a large Asda about 10 mins walk away.

The only problem we had was hot weather on the first night, which made the room stuffy even with the supplied fan running all night - I expect that depends on which room you have and what the weather's like at the time.

I've stayed in hotels costing several times as much that weren't as good, and would be happy to stay there again when I need to be in Liverpool.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Phil S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Incredible experience! We came from London for the Liverpool half marathon and after a long journey we took the bus to Utter Road, quite far from the centre. When we arrived at the "hotel" we found out that the hotel had no reception an there was no way to get in without a pin code! I phoned for explanations and a lady said it was too early to enter the hotel (it was already mid day). We also learnt that we should have received an email with the pin code, which we have never received.

The lady on the phone was rude and helpless.

After one hour, somehow we managed to enter our room, with no greetings at all. Room was ok but dirty, I found hairs on the cushion.

All this is unbelievable and we are truly dissapointed.

I would never suggest anyone to book here!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank simleon
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Booked in advance as it was the cheapest hotel for a Saturday night out in Liverpool. Given an entry code via email, let ourselves in and saw ourselves up to our room which was a bit odd! However the room was big with (surprisingly) 3 big comfortable double beds. Room size was quite good and included a decent bathroom, communal kitchenette was also available down the hall. Very clean throughout, taxi ride into town for about £7 / 10 mins. I wouldn't say it was great value for what we paid but it was the cheapest one available that evening and was more than good enough for 3 lads looking for somewhere to crash for the night.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Star-Monar
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Very clean rooms and loads of space well worth the money but the area is rough have to be careful at night time , you just have to put a code in the door so no one is there your on your own .

• Stayed November 2011