“Great location, nice place!”
Review of Roscoe House

Ranked #66 of 100 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed for 1 night and went to a gig at the East Village Arts Club, which was only a 5 - 10 min walk away. It's also only about a 20 min walk from the Tate etc, so really great location. We booked with lastminute.com and that entitled us to a free breakfast which was great! We literally just had to tick the boxes on a list for what we wanted and it was delivered to our room in the morning at a time we chose, which was really nice! Bed and bathroom was really clean which at the end of the day (to me anyway) is the most important thing.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This place would be great if not for the poor management and what I was accused of 2 weeks after my stay there back in december,great room,full of charactor,shame the staff and management were poor.I was accused of smashing a picture in the room during my stay which never happened,plumbers were in and out and I even left my door unlocked so they had access whilst I went out for the day,I had no hot water for 3 days so without doubt would never stay there again out of sheer principle alone

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My mum and I had a 2 night stay here at Roscoe House and it proved to be a great base from which to explore Liverpool. We didn't expect a great deal (except a basic place to lay our heads) as the room was purchased online for £70 for 2 nights. Such a surprise and a lesson to not judge a book by it's cover! The staff were super friendly and accommodating - nothing was too much trouble. The gentleman over the phone was extremely helpful when asking for the best place to park our car (at the Cathedral at the end of the street, with which they had a special deal for patrons of the hotel). We arrived late in the evening after a 4 hour drive and were starving, so the lovely young lady at reception, after checking us in, showed us briefly on a map where the best places were to eat around the area, and helped us familiarise ourselves with our location. The location of the hotel was fabulous, being only a short walk to the main shopping district, the fabulous cafes and restaurants in Bold street, Sainsbury's Local, Liverpool Lime Street station and, in the opposite direction, the Albert Dock area. The room we had was HUGE...high ceilings, double bed AND two singles, with a huge en suite bathroom with a bath. It was warm and spacious and extremely comfortable. Another room on the hotel featured a grand piano (!) which my mum was invited to have a play on whilst the housekeeping was being done the following morning. The hotel advertised a laundry facility also, which my mum made use of as we had been on the road for a few days. Expecting a coin operated laundry in the basement, we were so surprised when the same lovely girl at reception at check in, had personally done a load of washing for mum whilst we were out for the day and had even come in and hung it out on an airer in front of the massive radiator in the bathroom to dry. And when we tried to pay for the service, she said there was no extra charge! Just such an unexpected level of service and we were extremely touched by this caring and homely approach.
Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
RoscoeHouse_Manager, Manager at Roscoe House, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear JESH82,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We are very happy to here you had such a great stay at Roscoe House and found us to run a profession but homely service. It is very important to us that we can try and go that little bit further for are guests. Roscoe House is a Excellent local for seeing liverpool as everything is with in a 10-15 Minutes walk and we have a wide range of restaurants and bars with in a couple of Minutes walk from our door which we are glad to share our knowledge of.

Hope to see you next time your in Liverpool.
Kind Regards.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I went to Liverpool for the weekend, I was recommended Roscoe House by a friend. Lovely room, the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Great value as well. I would definitely recommended Roscoe House to a friend,

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Aidan C

Very Glad to hear you enjoyed you time at Roscoe House and that you would reccommended us. We do Pride ourselves to be able to give a friendly and accommodating service to all our guests.
Thank you for taking your time to review us and hope to see you in the futrue.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Had a lovely midweek stay at Roscoe House.

We were made to feel very welcome, on arrival we were shown 2 different room that we could choose from which was a lovely gesture.

We chose rom 202 which is a newly refurbished room and was lovely.
The staff couldnt do enough for us while we were there, they are a credit to thehotel.

The only slight downside to our stay were that we had trouble with the wi-fi, the signal in our room wasnt very good and kept loosing signal.
Dont let this put you off though, we took this as a time to have a bit of time off from facebook etc!

Excellent location for nearby parking and 5 mins from center.

We will definalty stay with you again Roscoe House :)

Room Tip: 202 was lovely
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I arrived at the hotel at 9.30pm after a 4 hour drive. I was told by the receptionist there was no room for me despite me having a confirmed reservation made through Venere.com.
They had attempted to charge my debit card earlier in the day, using an incorrect expiry date. When the card was declined they decided to let my room to someone else!
They did not contact me by phone or email.
Why did they try to charge my card in my absence before I even arrived - the confirmation said I would pay on check out not in advance.

I was left to find another hotel across the city at the last minute which was expensive and not the same standard. And I had to move my car from a car park which I had already paid for.

Atrocious and incompetent level of service. Did not even receive an apology.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank BigSteve64
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Myself and three friends stayed at Roscoe house for three nights and had the studio apartment. The room was ideal, spacious and clean. The location was brilliant only a 5/10 minute walk to Liverpool One shopping centre and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Room at front of house was a bit noisy at night.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends