“Sushi to die for!”

Etsu Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 1,679 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
Description: Since opening in November 2007, Etsu has become a welcome addition to Liverpool’s eating out scene and has won numerous awards including Restaurant of the Year in 2009 and being crowned ‘The UK’s Greatest Japanese Restaurant’ by Eat Japan in 2010. With the help of three highly trained Japanese national chefs, who between them have over 60 years experience, Etsu offers diners fresh authentic Japanese cuisine served in a cosy and relaxed atmosphere.Its menu comprises of a wide range of Japanese dishes to suit all tastes, from traditional sushi and sashimi to speciality meat and fish dishes. Etsu also has experienced Japanese waiting on staff who will be able to answer most queries regarding all Japan related enquires from the food to the culture. This popular little restaurant is one of Liverpool’s best restaurant gems receiving numerous rave reviews and has been consistently in Trip Advisors top 3 out of a Liverpool’s 229 restaurants for the last 2 years. Be sure to book to ensure you don’t miss out!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Sushi to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I am a local so maybe a bit biased, but I really think Etsu has the best sushi anywhere I've ever eaten it. The fish is so fresh and the rice too and it is just the most more-ish thing you can imagine. They also do exceptional B boxes and fresh fish with sauce. Actually everything I've had has been delicious here! The waiters also make the whole experience more enjoyable as they are so nice and always ready with new ideas and suggestions. I will continue to visit here as often as I can!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Ashley C

“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Not just a trite adjective, this really is an outstanding restaurant and certainly the best Japanese restaurant in the north west. Unlike so many restaurants today, the lovely manager, the chefs, the menu and food, the drinks, the staff and the ambiance are ALL excellent. Even more amazing, it is fantastic value and very affordable. We have been appreciative customers since Etsu first opened and have never,ever been disappointed. Last nights meal was no exception.......absolutely superb!
RME Southport

• Visited September 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Love Etsu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've been to Etsu several times and just love it! The service and food are spot on. I really need to try more things on the menu, but always get the Edamame beans, gyoza and sea bass with ponzu sauce, rice and salad. My partner gets something different every time we visit and always enjoys whatever he has. He normally gets sushi as well, which he says is some of the best sushi he has ever had. At the end of every meal we have been nicely full, not stuffed, you get just the right amount of everything.
The service is brilliant, the waiters and waitresses are attentive and friendly and are very knowledgable about the food they are serving.
Etsu is a place where you can go with partners, friends, family and for business, as there is a lovely calm but friendly atmosphere.
Make sure you pre-book as the tables can fill up, especially at weekends.
All in all, I don't think I will ever get bored of coming here! Etsu has that special something :)

• Visited August 2013
“My Favourite Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have been to Etsu around 10 times and everytime I adore every bite. I love the decor, the staff and manager are super friendly and the Sushi is always superb.

Good for quiet romantic nights and groups- it's always the first restaurant I take friends when they visit and every one has loved it too.

Brilliant!

• Visited August 2013
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“Etsu one of the best restaurants in Liverpool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had tried sushi in a number of restaurants but non have come close to Etsu I find myself not wanting to leave any food as I want stop thinking about it later on. I don't know what they do but I love the menu the style and the atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013