“One of the worst meals I have had”
Review of Spice Lounge

Spice Lounge
Ranked #277 of 1,720 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“One of the worst meals I have had”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Work takes me all over the country so dine at indian restaurants throughout the UK, this is one of the worst I have ever been in. First impressions from the outside are good modern looking and a good choice of food then it goes downhill. The dining area was very small and felt very crammed in the view from my table was like looking at an unfinished warehouse with pipes overhead and what looked like dimpled tinfoil as a wallcovering. I also had a view of the kitchen and the staff uniforms in there looked like they needed a good wash. My drink arrived promptly along with my popadoms and pickle which looking back were the most enjoyable part of the meal. I ordered Chicken Korma with mushroom rice and a plain nan, the korma looked like it was just diced chicken in Heinz chicken soup....and tasted the same rubbish, the rice was very not very good and the nan bread looked and tasted like a damp huge crisp. I finished and got my bill to notice a 10% service charge was added, I asked if this could be removed to be told no its a compulsory charge. £26.16 for a rubbish meal and service. I wish I had gone to the local supermarket and bought a ready meal and asked the hotel to put it in the microwave a few minutes, it would have tasted nicer. If in Liverpool give the Spice Lounge a miss.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ClanGraham

“Average food, well over priced, shockingly bad toilets.”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Food ok but no better than you would get at Asda to microwave at home. Looking at the skin on the top of my meal that's definitely what they did. Service ok, prices way too high for the quality of food. Toilets were disgraceful, the type you expect to find in a city centre kebab shop not a good quality restaurant. Dirty, cramped and full of spiders.

1 Thank Barra601188
West Kirby, United Kingdom
“Friendly stylish restaurant, but grubby and over priced.”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Very welcoming and accommodating staff made our visit to this fashionable and stylish restaurant a worthwhile visit. Food was well prepared and tasty but the price was quite horrendous.

Toilets were not clean, smelt badly and were in desperate need of a visit by the local health inspector. Made you wonder how clean the hands of the catering staff were.....

Restaurant is in need of a good spring clean as it clearly hadn't been properly attended to in a while.

Simple kids meals of a small portion of chicken and chips came in at an astonishing £17 with popadums rocking in at £7. Kids small apple juice £3.50 - bit of a shame as a whole pint of Kingfisher was only 50p more.

All in all a nice place to eat, but the staff are being let down by bad management who are setting over realistic prices which make this a somewhat mediocre indian.

• Visited April 2014
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
“Good Indian Food”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

of us visited Spice Lounge in Albert Docks Liverpool last weekend & we all said the food was excellent & exceptional value for money. The staff were very good too & we can't wait to go back. The food was unusual which was nice but so tasty I just can't fault it at all. I can honestly say this is one of the best Indian restaurants I have ever eaten at. I give it 10 out of 10.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Ready for a curry”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Fancy a curry we did found the spice lounge in the albert dock had not booked only had to wait twenty minutes in that wait the staff were very attentive with drinks and it gave us time to look at the menu and decide what we would eat ,the service was first class the food top draw and very reasonably priced if you fancy a good meal with a good atmosphere look no further.