“Gourmet Curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spice Lounge

Spice Lounge
Ranked #272 of 1,680 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Gourmet Curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This Indian meal was unforgettable! We started with the Peshwari lamb kebab, which was a little spicy and an outstanding appetizer. I ordered the Chicken Mangalori, which was one of the spiciest menu items and left me perspiring for the rest of the evening, but in a good way. The Peshwari nan was an excellent complement to the pilaf rice. I highly recommend this restaturant when in Liverpool.

London
“Avoid this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Where to start, £3.50 for 3 papadoms?
Ok apart from having expensive papadoms this place had terrible service and overpriced tasteless indian food.
The mains were between £10-£16 and were terrible.
Chicken jalfrezi - really bland, lack of flavour. £15
lamb dish(chundri i think) with fennel and fresh coriander. was awful, flavourless cheap sauce with a hint of spice as a flavour definitly not the fresh tasting dish as described. £12
vegetable biriani - was acceptable. just! £15

I asked one of my friends to try my lamb dish as I thought maybe I was wrong and the lamb did taste of something, he confirmed it tasted of absolutely nothing. So I told the waiter who was trying to argue with me about it, attempting to get one up on me with every answer(really cocky young guy). I said look just take it away I dont want it anymore as it is nasty and you will just make the same again. 5 mins later the same dish comes back out from a different waiter. I told this guy " I said to the other waiter I did not want it as it was terrible." So he took it away and I eat my badly done pilaus rice and tarka dahl (edible, just). from then on the younger waiter did not look at us or acknowledge us. really poor service, No, infact an absolute joke. we are here on business in the city and have another 70+ people arriving shortly and staying near by. I will be telling as many as I possibly can to avoid this place. Too sum it up, bad food, bad service, and overpriced for the muck that they do churn out.

1 Thank kkltd
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Spice Lounge is in a converted wharehouse, our first impression was very favourable. It is very well appointed and the staff were very welcoming. There is a very pleasant bar area where you can have a drink whilst waiting for your table. The menu choices were quite extensive and our waiter was very pleasant and helpful when explaining the menu.We were a group of four and we all thought the food was ecellent. The cost of the meal and wine was at first glance a little expensive but when we considered that we were in Albert Dock a top tourist attraction in Liverpool then the cost was very reasonable. Highly recommended

Singapore
“Authentic Indian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The ambiance is very nice with deep red sari drapes and gold accent. Makes me feel like I am on the set of Moulin Rouge movie. They play quite cool pop indian music. we ordred Aloo Ghobi, a lamb curry dish and 2 Kashmiri naans. The food tastes authentic and delicious. Had a satisfying meal

Visited October 2012
Lincolnshire
“The place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

A very comfortable well laid out restaurant. The choice of cuisine was excellent and the staff went to great lengths to assist with information about the ingrediants of our choice.
Great service, great food. We will visit again.

Visited October 2012