“Great location, friendly staff, small BUT equipt comfortable rooms, great views of the dock”

Staybridge Suites Liverpool
Ranked #3 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Liverpool
Reviewed December 21, 2009

I have just spent one night at the staybridge suites in Liverpool. It was my boyfriends 30th Birthday so we decided to treat ourselves and enjoy a cosy night in (he had just landed from 6 weeks in germany). Anyway, I was a little concerned after reading some reviews on here about unfriendly staff and parking issues and tickets etc.... So with some trepidation we arrived at about 8pm friday evening. Now despite being the only member of staff on duty (as the others were enjoying their xmas party) I found the girl on reception to be really welcoming and chatty and breazed through check in and parking! She then assisted us with ordering some food in (she had a selection of menus for us). Aswell as manning the shop! The rooms were clean modern and well stocked, we had an iron and shampo and condtioner, shower gel etc....
We had a 12 o'clock check out and were allowed to leave our car theer for a couple more hours so we could wonder into town!.
All together a great nights stay!

2 Thank Mampy34

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Surrey
Reviewed December 17, 2009

Recently stayed at Staybridge in Liverpool. I have 2 small children which were fully catered for, the rooms had everything we needed to make it a comfortable and worry free stay. The staff were friendly and very helpful and the food was enjoyed by both the adults and more fussy children:) I would recommend you stay there regardless of the reason you travel to Liverpool .... we loved it and wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank sheenzi
Wirral
Reviewed December 15, 2009

Have stayed at this Hotel 5-6 times since it opened.

It started out as a very good experience, but has steadily gone downhill.

To give an example of this compare and contrast my first and last stay.

First Stay;
New Hotel, rooms spotless and smelling new.
Welcome pack in room including water, 1 bottle beer etc.
Free Internet
Ironing Board and Iron in room
Working safe for valuables in wardrobe

Most Recent Stay;

Rooms smell strongly of cooked food and show wear and tear, stains on bedcovers, carpets etc
No water or beer anymore in rooms
No wireless internet in room, wired internet chargeable
No ironing Board in room
Safe in wardrobe non functional because of flat batteries

The coffee machine in the breakfast area has been “out of order” on 3 occasions and staff in the Breakfast area look miserable as other reviewers have noted.

The parking system is a farce and on 2 occasions I have had a penalty notices left on my windscreen.
If you are lucky you are issued with a pass to display on your windscreen and allocated a specific numbered space, on every occasion the space has already been occupied!

On my last stay when the receptionist eventually arrived at the reception desk after a five minute wait, my partner was told they hadn’t got any passes and to just park anywhere.
Large signs in the car park warn of fines for not displaying a pass and parking in appropriate space, I returned to the reception desk and requested a pass because of this.
I was given a post-it note with the number of an already occupied space on it. When I pointed this out to them and advised the number of the parking space I was in I was told it didn’t matter.
I requested that I was given a space that matched the number I was parked in, or another space, both requests were denied.
I pointed out that it was pointless for me to display the number of an occupied space in my windscreen but this fact was ignored.
The following morning my car had a penalty notice applied and I requested a discussion with the manager about this.
The “Manager” who appeared, told me that there was nothing wrong with their parking system. When I explained the situation above, she still refused to acknowledge there was any problem with their system.

I am a shareholder of IHG who own the brand that the Hotel is franchised from and am disappointed that they are allowed to operate in this way, this Hotel is no longer a good example of what a guest should expect from Staybridge or IHG.

As much as it hurts me to say this, I would recommend people look elsewhere. There is a recently opened Hilton nearby and a Hampton by Hilton opening shortly as well as many other options in the area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ADUK09
Confer09, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this review, December 16, 2009
Thank you for your comments.

Before I respond I think it is important to note that our hotel was the first one for the brand outside of the US and as such we have met with the brand development teams on a regular basis to ensure that we evolve and improve on the concept and services we offer to ensure that we develop the perfect extended stay brand for a European market. Therefore, yes we have made slight adjustments to the offering from the first day we have opened, however we still think that we have a fantastic brand which offers excellent added value including :

*Complimentary wired and wireless internet throughout the building ( I am truly sorry if this did not work in your room, however I assure you that had you let one of my team know it would have been rectified immediately)

* Complimentary tea/coffee etc throughout the day. (Again my sincerest apologies if the Cappuccino machine has been Out Of Order during your stay. this is an extremely expensive machine which gets serviced regularly. However on the rare occasion that it is not working, we always offer a full urn of black coffee with chilled milk throughout the day).

As I am sure you know Staybridge is IHG's extended stay, limited service, brand where all rooms include a fully equipped kitchen. Most of our guests stay for 7 nights or more and our focus has always been to ensure a more ‘home than hotel feel’. Indeed we have a number of guests staying with us for 6 months or more. With 132 rooms all with kitchens, the smell of food cooking in the hotel is inevitable however we will always do our best to ensure that these smells are removed upon a guest’s departure.

Our car parking is an area that we will be looking into in the next few weeks. Unfortunately this is currently operated on a code system and particularly during the weekends some of our guests are giving this code out to their visitors resulting in car parking spaces being taken without our knowing. Next year we will be installing a key card system which will eradicate this problem. We do however have the NCP car park next door to the hotel which has over 3000 spaces (offering reduced rates to our guests) so all of our guests are guaranteed a car parking space.

I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and as a shareholder for IHG I would hope that you would give me a chance to discuss your stay and your comments in more detail.

I look forward to hearing from you and once again thank you for taking the time to comment.

Yours sincerely,

Wayne Androliakos
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Firstly like to congratulate Staybridge Suites for opening their first hotel in the UK.

The hotel itself is great. Brand new build with a small secure carpark underneath (£8 per night). Arrived at the hotel and was greeted (or wasnt) by an unwelcoming receptionist. I showed my Platinum Priority club card to her, which she stared at and then typed away on the computer. She then said I should sign here, pointing at a piece of paper, which I did. She then said my room was on the second floor and the times of breakfast next day. She then went on with her "duties". Although I wasnt expecting the red carpet rolled out for me, a more personal touch and acknowledgment during check in was needed considering I am a Platinum Priority Club member!

The room itself was very well presented and well equiped for my stay. So no complaints there.

Breakfast was nice but limited. A certain member of staff was actually really rude to one of my friends, while he waited for her to top up the coffee machine with milk.

Check out was again much the same, nothing extra said or done to make me feel like a valued guest.

So overall, yes it was a nice hotel to stay in, with a good location. But I feel the staff ruined the hotels image with their rudeness. I would look else where next time if I have to stay in Liverpool and use this as a last resort!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank HT-Birmingham
Confer09, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this review, December 15, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The team and I always welcome all feedback as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our services.

We are obviously all extremely distressed at your comments on our team. We take great care to employ staff that are warm and personable. I have spoken to those involved with your stay including Janine, one of our head receptionists, who checked you in. I am truly sorry that you felt that your Platinum staus was not recognised sufficiently. Our Platinum members are our most loyal guests and we of course will always try to recognise them as such.

As I am sure you can appreciate with Christmas only 2 weeks away, the weekend that you stayed was one of the busiest of the year and we were therfore not able to offer you a complimentary upgrade on this occasion. With only two room types this leaves little opportunity for us to offer this privilage on busy nights.

I would of course welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail with your personally.

Yours sincerely,

Wayne Androliakos
Vegas
Reviewed December 12, 2009

This hotel offers a full service flat. It has more amenities (even a dishwasher) than I have in my own flat at home! Nice lay out for anyone in a wheelchair. Decor is so warm and cozzy!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank LilComedian
Pontefract
Reviewed December 9, 2009

Great room clean and modern, with good facilities. Location was great next to the ECHO and Albert Dock and just accross road from Liverpool One shops bars and restaurants.
Our only complaints were the walls are very thin and the staff at breakfast were slow and rude.
Would stay again though.

liverpool
Reviewed December 5, 2009

the hotel was lovely the room was spotless, i really enjoyed my stay and the staff were very friendly and welcoming, its in a great location with a wonderful view.

2 Thank kirst21