“Great overnight stay”

Ranked #3 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Great overnight stay”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 25th march as we're seeing a show at the echo arena, and couldn't have been closer, a back door from the hotel to entrance of the arena was a great surprise.
The room was clean, a bit of a disappointment on the room we got as was a corner room so the layout wasn't great, bed very comfy, shower fab, kitchen area very clean, I do think a complementary half pint of milk and bottled water would have been a good touch in the fridge, but we were really pleased with complementary wine, and cheeses in the bar, I think this is only on a week night but really nice to do.
The breakfast was a self serve, coffee nice, bacon good quality, decent fresh juice.
Would 100% stay again if going to Liverpool as the location superb. But would just book a standard room as the suite was dissapointing.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 81Tom
StayGM, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Hi 81Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to review our property. I’m pleased to hear you liked both our breakfast offerings and our Managers Drinks reception. At Staybridge we love the opportunity to get to know our guests a little better and our midweek drinks reception are a wonderful opportunity to socialise.

I’m sorry to hear you were unhappy with your One-bedroom Suite. The One-bedroom King is the corner room you booked for your stay and for the same price point we have our One- bedroom Executive Suite, which has a sofa bed option and I configuration I believe you may prefer. I am looking into clarifying the difference between these two One-bedroom Suite types on our website. If you ask for me when booking any future stays I will be happy to personally manage your booking and ensure we allocate a room you will be happy with. We look forward to welcoming you back to us soon.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
132 miles west of Dublin
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed here last weekend for two nights and was very impressed with everything. Location was excellent, beside Albert Dock and well within walking distance of everywhere. Room was very clean well equipped and spacious, breakfast was very satisfactory with plenty of choice, staff were really helpful recommending a route for a run and ideas for places to eat. All in all an excellent alternative to a hotel. There is was no real view from the room but that's a small point. Also be advised that the suites are beside the Echo Arena and it's multistory car park and there will be noise when events finish, but we did not find it upsetting. One recommendation for the management - a flyer/leaflet in the room pointing out where the nearest supermarket/grocery shop is would be a nice final touch.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
StayGM, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Hi herondancer,

Thank you for such lovely feedback. I have passed your comments on to the whole team. We pride ourselves on our friendly welcoming team, having all originated from Liverpool they have excellent local knowledge.

Your suggestion with regards to a flyer for the rooms providing information on the nearest supermarket is a wonderful idea, we have taken this on board and are looking at implementing this shortly. Most guests utilise our onsite shop called the pantry upon arrival but for wider selection a trip to the super market may be advised.

As was particularly pleased to hear you liked our offerings as part of our complimentary breakfast. We aim to offer as much variety and choice as possible.

Once again than you for taking the team to leave us feedback and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to Staybridge Liverpool soon.

Hereford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed for two nights in a studio room when visiting Liverpool for a show at the Empire Theatre. Great to have a fridge and facilities for making tea etc but didn't really use them for anything else. Not a brilliant view from our room - we could see the wheel and a the Echo Arena but I think there are rooms with better views if you ask. The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable. Had a minor problem the first night which we had a quick apology for and a bottle of wine from the duty manager. All staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and varied each morning. Bacon and eggs one day and sausage and omelette the next. A bit disappointing not to have bacon both days as don't really like sausage but that's just personal. Other choices of cereals, yoghurt, bread and make your own toast. The hotel is in an excellent area for the docks and within walking distance of Liverpool One for shopping. All in all an excellent stay and would stay again without a doubt. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan Y
StayGM, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Hi Susan Y,

Wow, thank you for such a wonderful review. I was especially happy to read the fantastic comments about your room cleanliness and front desk experience. Our team works extremely hard to maintain our high standards and create a welcoming homely environment. I am sure they will appreciate you acknowledging their efforts.

I’m especially glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We do try to change our offerings daily, where possible, to provide a little variety. I’m not a sausage person either but like you I find there are enough other breakfast options available.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to welcoming you back to Staybridge Liverpool soon.

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

This place is clean, efficient and welcoming. Nice to have extra space.. We had a 1 bedroom suite. I'd have rated higher except the sofa bed was very uncomfortable. Otherwise excellent. Breakfast included. Laundry facilities and a handy pantry store. All in all very nice stay. Recommend instead of hotel room:)

Stayed March 2014
Hi Jplum73,

Thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites Liverpool. We appreciate you leaving such glowing feedback. I’m sorry to hear you found the sofa bed uncomfortable. Had you brought this to our attention during your stay we would have been happy to change out the mattress or add a topper to help with this.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and also your time in Liverpool.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Rooms are clean, tidy and spacious. Kitchen could be better equipped but is acceptable for basic meals. The Pantry downstairs is a useful addition and the staff have always been friendly and professional.

Breakfast is not top quality but as it's included in the room rate how can there be complaints? - it's perfectly adequate and if you want more, there are plenty of cafes and restaurants nearby for a full English.

Wi-fi could be better but is just about useable. It may sound like a lot of complaints but I'm just giving my thoughts. Overall this is a top quality plce to stay for the medium to long term, maybe not for an overnight stay but this is made very clear by the hotel.

Have stayed several times and would do so again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi Alex N,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback after your recent stay with us. Your comments are much appreciated. As you kindly pointed out our breakfast offering is entirely complimentary and we endeavour to meet the needs of the majority of our guest. The property is geared towards long stay guests, so our offerings and facilities will reflect this as you highlighted.

I will pass you lovely comments on to team and am pleased to hear you are planning to return to us again. We can ask for no better recommendation than that of a happy returning guest.

England
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Initial problems with booking via parent group quickly dealt with over the phone with very helpful duty manager. We had a one bedroom suite which was very clean and well equipped with a kitchen (immaculate) living area, bedroom and bathroom. We found the suite to be quiet and were not woken by other guests doors or bathrooms, very soundproof. The breakfast was fine, plentiful, relaxed atmosphere and some hot food. The staff were extremely helpful booking restaurants and taxis whenever.
A couple of minor down points were the bed was very hard, the bathroom toiletries were in large bottles that are not 'fresh' to the current occupiers (lucky I took my own as I felt that was a real let down for the standard of the hotel) and the outlook from our room was onto a wall or the Echo Arena but I believe many other rooms would look out towards the dock.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking towards the 'wheel' as that is in front of Albert Dock.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank minniemouse22
Hi Minniemouse22,

I was glad to read that our duty manager assisted you in booking directly and that you were pleased with our amenities and services. I was especially happy to read the fantastic comments about your room cleanliness and front desk experience. Our team works very hard to go above and beyond each and every day and I'm glad you recognized them.

With regards to the bathroom toiletries provided in the Suites as you noted these are full size bottles. This is a brand standard for Staybridge which is a long stay property. With many of our guests essentially ‘living’ at Staybridge we feel the full size bottles are much more practical for the majority of our guests and help create the home away from home which is uniquely Staybridge. All supplies are switched out and sanitized following check out. However, we are always happy to provide previously unopened bottles when requested.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Liverpool and we look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights as part of a job, hotel being paid for by my client, indeed all rooms (lots and lots of them) had already been paid upfront.......
On arrival at the hotel I was asked for a credit card as a guarantee, on asking why they needed it I was told 'as a guarantee'.......so the hotel has no mini bar, no lounge bar, it has free internet and so on, so on asking again why they needed my card I was told as a guarantee 'just in-case you smash up your room' well that's a new one on me,I was told 'no card no stay'.....so later on talking to colleagues that were staying there too they had declined a card and it was fine. I stay in loads of hotels and frequently decline giving my card, given the number of times hotels charge you for things you've never had........
So overall a pretty nice hotel, nice rooms and good facilities, Managers Happy Hour Tuesday to Thursday inclusive is a nice touch and goes down well, internet not so great. So come on Intercontinental Hotels Group, what's this about credit cards........really not good or impressive!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Nigel H
StayGM, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Hi Nigel,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your positive feedback with regards our rooms and facilities and we’re glad to hear you enjoyed our Managers Drinks Reception.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the confusion regarding the requested swipe on your credit card. It is company policy that a pre-authorisation swipe is taken for security purposes on check in of all guests. This applies to all bookings even pre-paid and group bookings and is to cover any extras charged to the room, such as movies, pantry item or parking. However, on occasion groups will opt to “Group Guarantee” the rooms in their party. In such cases we would not need to ask for a pre-auth, this may be why other members of your party did not give security swipes on check in. As for the remarks of the employee who checked you in I can only assume they were aiming for banter and missed the mark. I will be reviewing this matter with our Front Desk team and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We do hope that what you take away from your experience at Staybridge is the positives and that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to us for a future stay.