Staybridge Suites Liverpool
Ranked #3 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great one night stay in Liverpool. Good location on the Albert dock , so loads of bars and places to eat. I ate in the Indian restaraunt downstairs which was very good. Room was nice and quiet, small but adequate fitness room and OK breakfast. Will return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sean09
StayGM, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you so much Sean09 for your review!

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us your thoughts, Our location certainly makes it very easy to make your way around the city and see all the sights without being directly in the crowds of Liverpool.

We hope you will come and stay with us again on your next trip to Liverpool!
Thanks Again!
Guest Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,875)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Have just spent Sunday night at this hotel with my 2 daughters and have nothing but praise for our experience. The suite we stayed in was perfect,it comprised a sitting room with a sofa bed which had been made up for us because there were 3 of us,a lovely little kitchen area complete with hob combination microwave,dishwasher and all equipment you would expect to find. A lovely spacious bedroom led off this room with king size bed and a decent size bathroom with a good selection of toiletries. As this was my youngest daughters birthday we were thrilled to find a card and bottle of wine waiting for our arrival,a very nice touch and much appreciated. The view from our room(626) was stunning,with panoramic views towards the Albert dock and the Liver building. The hotel is within easy reach of the bustling bars and restaurants of the Albert dock and Liverpool one. Breakfast which was complimentry was very good with a nice choice of fruit juices cereals, breads and an extemely tasty cooked breakfast which consisted of bacon scrambled eggs tmatoes and beans.Staff were very friendly and helpful and made our stay an absolute pleasure. Thank you we can not wait to come again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank poppy2028

Thank you so much poppy2028 for leaving us such nice comments!

The best news we can hear is that our guests enjoyed their time with us and would come visit again! I will be sure to pass your kind words to our Team.

We will look forward to Welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I travel a lot and stay in many of this groups hotels (IHG) but this is the first time I have stayed in a Staybridge Suite. It was amazing, the room has everything you need, even a small kitchen with microwave, cooker and dishwasher, if you are planning to go as a family self catering its great. In the evening they had an hour or so where there was complimentary cheese and biscuits and wine or beer you can help yourself too. This was a pleasant surprise and a nice start to the evening.

The rooms are so large and spacious, the bathroom was a very generous size and I cannot fault the hotel at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony_and_Kay

Hello Tony_and_Kay, and thank you so much for your review!

We appreciate our TripAdvisor reviewers who really take the time out to inform other future guests of what they can expect from our hotel.

We are so glad that you were able to get comfortable with us here at the Staybridge Suites. We are especially glad that you enjoyed all of our complimentary amenities, our After work reception, our spacious and very clean rooms, and our location.

We will look forward to Welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards

Reviewed November 18, 2013

What a great place to stay. Staff very welcoming and friendly. Hotel and rooms very clean and tidy. Hotel location just right for Liverpool shopping, evenings out and the Dock front. The kitchen area has a Combination microwave oven, so items can actually be cooked not just pinged! There is a double hob. A small but adequate dish washer with dishwasher tablets provided. Washing liquid, tea towels and cleaning items. Also a large fridge. Everything you need if you wish to eat in. No need to bother bringing bottle openers, can openers, etc...all is provided. In the bathroom/shower room, you are provided with large bottles of shower gel, shampoo and conditioner, not tiddley little ones. There is also a hair dryer, iron and ironing board provided. It really is home from home, so you can have more room in your suitcase for clothes etc. Breakfast was self service with cereals, juices, tea/coffee, muffins plus cooked breakfast as well. A very good point was that, as we arrived early and our room was ready, we were actually allowed to check in.....something I feel other hotels should take note of. (I do appreciate that if our room was still being cleaned this would not have been the case) but what a bonus. All in all, a very enjoyable time was had, and we will definitely be using Staybridge Suites again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello IOM20122013 and thank you very much for leaving such a nice review for the Staybridge Suites Liverpool.

We take great pride in pleasantly surprising our guests with the product that we offer. A big part of this is the cleanliness of the hotel. Our housekeeping staff is dedicated to keep our hotel looking brand new and spotless

We are very proud to have such a wonderful staff that always goes the extra mile to help and assist our guests to make their stay more enjoyable.

We thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Staybridge in the near future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in a studio suite. All the staff we encountered were polite and obliging. The in room safe was not working due to flat batteries but this was quickly fixed when we advised reception.These suites are a comfortable size with a good size bathroom. The bed was on the firm side, which is to our liking, and we slept well. Free WiFi is handy as is limited on site parking, although it's cheaper to use the multi-story car park next door with a discount voucher from Staybridge. Free use of the in house laundry is a bonus, particularly when you are travelling for several weeks as we were. The hotel is close to the attractions and food outlets in the docks area and is only a ten minute walk to the main shopping precinct of Liverpool. Breakfast, although limited, was adequate but the hot food was a little on the cold side. The room we had faced the car park and as such the concrete canyon between the buildings became an amplified echo chamber. A women walking through the area in high heel shoes could be heard quite loudly in our room even with the window closed. All in all we enjoyed our stay and would return.

Room Tip: Try for a room at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Karl S for the lovely feedback about your Staybridge experience.

We are ecstatic that you appreciated our comfortable, clean and spacious rooms as well as the convenience of having breakfast served daily. One of the many unique features of the Staybridge is its central location and easy accessibility to all things in Liverpool.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a second visit soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2013

So firstly, there are a lot of positive reviews of this hotel and on the whole, the physical surroundings, and the comfort level of the hotel is very good. So I understand the positives, however, I had a few problems and how a hotel deals with issues is, for me, as important as the physical condition of the hotel and amenities. But on the specifics and positives first. The hotel is located on the water, quite near Albert Dock and the arena. Despite it being in and around quite a lot, the hotel is quiet. So location good and a short walk to town. To get here from the airport, I suggest taking Bus 500 and getting off at the Albert Dock stop, it is just before Liverpool One, which is the bus station. Ask the driver. Once you exit the bus, walk in the direction the bus goes and when you get to the cross walk, cross over the street and go in to Albert Dock (there is a sign), you will cross a bridge, stay to the left and you will then come upon another bridge on your left crossing over a small canal, cross over and keep walking toward Jury's Inn. In fact, when you exit the bus, look across the street and up and when you see Jury's Inn, know that this is where you are heading. Staybridge is nestled right next to Jury's but you cannot see it from the street and, in fact, you really can't see it until you are almost in front of the door, so head for the Jury's and then walk past Jury's and it is the next building. When you enter the hotel, it has a nice warm feeling. The rooms are nice and even a standard room is a good size, with a small kitchen. Bed comfortable, safe, good shower, etc. So that part is all good. So the problems? Well many tripadvisor folks wrote about the friendliness of the staff and I must really have been there on an off weekend as that is not, at all, my experience. The person who checked me in (it was a Friday afternoon) was indifferent at best. When I entered the room, it was quite cold. I know how to use the adjustments and set it to high but after about an hour the room was still quite cold. The second problem is that the internet in the room was not working. So I went down to the front desk, told them the problem and the woman at the desk said 2 things; she would have someone look at the heating issue and see if she could get a router to boost the wireless in the room. I then worked in the lobby and left for a lecture. When I came back there was nothing to indicate anyone had been to the room to adjust anything and there was no route and internet still not working. Overnight, the room became warmer, which indicated to me that having the card in the slot was necessary for the heat to start (something I was told was not the case). When the card was in and overnight, it was warm, when I left and took it out during the day and came back, not so warm. I mentioned the problem of the internet my second day with the same reply. It was just frustrating as the hotel advertises wireless and I was there to work and did not want to be confined to do this to the lobby. When I was mentioning this the 2nd time, the person checking out next to me said she had the same problem and it would connect only when she put her computer on a specific place on the desk. So clearly this is an issue. I then had breakfast and asked the staff for a spoon and she kind of motioned me over to the general area (where of course there was none) instead of checking to see if they needed to be replaced. Finally, when I checked out, the person asked me how was my stay and I told him the issues and again, no reply, not even I am sorry to hear that. He kind of just nodded his head. Certainly things happen, internet goes down, heating might be an issue. It was not so much the fact that these things were not working but that there was no communication by the staff to me that a-anything was checked and b-that is could or could not be resolved. A message on the phone or under the door would have gone a long way. And if for some reason all the wonderful staff were away that weekend, then okay, but otherwise, perhaps the high tripadvisor reviews have made the hotel and its staff a bit comfortable?

Room Tip: I think most rooms are quite quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear CavKA,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family and I recently had a one night stay at Staybridge Suites, Liverpool and we had a fantastic time. We received a warm welcome on arrival and our suite was superb - a great size and so handy to have a kitchen when staying with two young children. We found the communal areas of the hotel particularly useful as a place to relax in between sightseeing, particularly the Den with its guitar. Breakfast was ideal too with plenty of choice for the adults and the children. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KJ30
StayGM, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you KJ30 for taking the time out of your busy day to leave us such a wonderful review.

I was so happy to read we met all your expectations and that you were pleased with our amenities and services.

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Liverpool and we hope you can stay with us again.

Warm Regards,