We stayed one night in this apartment style hotel. The hotel is near the Mercy River and the Albert Dock. It is fairly quiet in the night. We were in Ireland the night before. We crossed from Dublin to Holyhead in the ferry and drove to Liverpool. Unfortunately, we had only one night in this hotel. That gave us little time to explore the area.
The hotel rooms are fairly big and more like apartments. There is a small kitchenette which allows you to do your own cooking though we did not use it. We had free breakfast and WiFi included in the price. They had facilities for undercover parking, but we had to pay for parking. We could see the difference in attitudes coming from Ireland. In Ireland, we were spoilt by the excellent service of hotel staff. In England the staff are more casual and at times indifferent. They assume you are familiar with the area. They do not volunteer information. You have to ask them to extract information.
Once you get used to their ways, it becomes easier to deal with them. The first time we got into the lift and pressed the correct floor, the lift did not move. We waited and another person got into the lift. We saw him inserting his room key card into a slot in the lift. We realised why the lift did not move when we pressed the button. You have to insert your card before pressing the button. It may be that I did not listen to the receptionist when she explained things or she assumed we knew how the lift works.
The rooms are clean and well maintained. Beds are very comfortable. There is an area near the reception where you can sit and relax. The breakfast is good. English breakfast was a welcome change after having Irish breakfast for nearly twelve days. If you want to cook your own food and stay for a week, this is a good place. But parking for one week will cost you a packet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, non-smoking, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a Serviced Apartment Staybridge Suites Liverpool is the ideal place to stay for temporary housing. Staybridge Suites, Liverpool is located on the famous Kings Waterfront, opposite the ECHO Arena, BT Convention Centre and Albert Docks, the largest collection of Grade 1 listed buildings in the UK, also home to The Beatles Story, Tate Liverpool and Maritime Museum. To compliment this, just a 10 minute walk is the newly opened Liverpool One boasting 42 acres of shopping and leisure. Staybridge Suites offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, Most Suites have a River View. All suites are furnished; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, FLAT SCREEN TV with cable/movies, and FREE Wi-Fi Internet. Hotel amenities include 24-hr service, complimentary breakfast and evening receptions (Mon-Thurs), newspaper, business center, fitness room, Priority Club Rewards and free guest laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Staybridge Suites Liverpool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Hotel Liverpool
- Liverpool Staybridge Suites