“First time in Liverpool and definitely not the last”

Staybridge Suites Liverpool
Ranked #3 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I just visited Liverpool for the first time, on a hen do.
We weren't sure what to expect but Staybridge was the perfect base to explore Albert Dock and the rest of Liverpool.
The apartments were well equipped, decorated to a high standard, and nice and clean. Fully equipped kitchen, including dishwasher, nice bathroom with free toiletries, and rooms cleaned every day. The apartments have a complimentary breakfast too, good addition to cure the hangover.
Staff were great, really helpful and a great sense of humour, and the apartments are in just the right place to explore the docks.
Would definitely come back here to explore Liverpool properly, next time will bring the hubby!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank EllenBranagh
StayGM, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you EllenBranagh for choosing the Staybridge Liverpool,

Guest satisfaction is one of our many goals and we are delighted that our friendly staff met your expectations. Our rooms are a cut above the rest as they are spacious and boast a full size kitchen. We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back to Staybridge Liverpool soon.

Guest Service Manager

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Liverpool

Reviewed April 12, 2013

*Disclaimer* The treatment I received may have been influenced by the fact that this hotel chain was hoping to land a lucrative contract with my firm and I was part of the team that they were pitching too. I booked this hotel before they made the pitch and I paid for it myself. However...I did mention my imminent stay at the presentation and I noticed my profile on LinkedIn was viewed by the manager...

Regardless, this hotel was perfect for us, we were looking for a place to crash before our early morning ferry trip to Belfast and it was everything we needed and more. The best bit for us was being able to load up our trays and take breakfast up to our room, sit on the sofa and eat in our pyjamas. The room was fantastic, generous size and very well equipped. I had no complaints at all, aside from the excellent view I'm certain my room and the service would have been just as good if I was not known to the staff. I think this it the future for hotels, it was excellent value for money and if I visit Liverpool again, I'll be staying here for sure.

Room Tip: Top floor, corner room!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank isk1982
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We arranged to stay here for three nights. It was quite expensive, and we were shocked when we found they don`t service the rooms at weekends! Also there were quite a few small problems in the room: in the bathroom there was only one small peg to hang two large bathsheets! - the soap tray in the shower was designed so the soap fell straight through! - there was no dressing table and none of the mirrors in the bathroom or bedroom had decent lighting! - the sliding wardrobe door refused to stay shut! All small, niggly things, but added to that you have to make your own bed!! The breakfast however was good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank worldtraveller00007
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear worldtraveller00007,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the conditions and layout of the room, prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 9, 2013

When they say suites here they are not joking- you could live in the rooms here permanently if you had to. Fully equipped kitchen, separate bedroom and a living area. I didn't need all of that but I was thankful for the second door to the bedroom since it really blocked out any noise from the hallways and on the weekend there are enough party people in Liverpool to make noise in the hall of any hotel in the area. The Staybridge is adjacent to the Echo arena and a short walk from Albert Dock and Liverpool One where there are plenty of pubs and restaurants.

They serve a nice breakfast each morning and have a small shop by reception where you can buy snacks and alcohol to bring to your room. Other than breakfast there is no restaurant or bar on property. They also don't provide housekeeping on weekends unless you request it. I was provided with enough towels , etc for the weekend so it wasn't a problem.

One warning- when I first arrived from Lime Street Station I decided to walk to the hotel. It was not easy to find if you haven't been there before and I asked several taxi drivers and none of them had even heard of it. This made me a bit nervous at first thinking I had made a mistake but once settled in I was able to walk almost everywhere I needed to go. I did have the front desk order me a taxi at checkout to go back to the station and it arrived in 5 minutes time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank bccrab
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Fantastic place to stay, a real pleasure. All the staff especially the management made me and my partner feel completely welcome. We only stayed one night but will definitely be visiting again. Tiny walk to the docks, 5 mins away from Liverpool one. The rooms are perfect, free tea & coffee in the lobby and the complimentary food on Tuesday through to Thursday is just a great touch.

Didnt use the gym facilities or Room service but I am sure they would be as good as everything else!! If you like Indian food East Z East is in the same building just a 30 foot walk outside the back door, the staff can direct you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GarethW1988

Thank you GarethW1988 for choosing the Staybridge Liverpool,

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A-Z from check in to check out, smooth, friendly and clean. well done, the room was immaculate and well stocked with everything you need, you could throw a dinner party with all the supplies that are provided, bed and bath excellent, two tvs with great selection, hotel short walk from loads of bars, restaurants, Beatles Story, concert arena and convention centre

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank softassilke

Hello softassilke and thank you so much for reviewing the Staybridge Suites Liverpool.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback, especially regarding our staff here, simply due to the amount of effort that we all put in towards the guest experience here. Our front desk associates have really unique personalities and our housekeeping staff is super efficient and motivated to make each and every one of our guest rooms impeccably spotless.

We will look forward to Welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

What a cracking stay, the only problem being the night manager! For a start he had a massive attitude and on top of that he was asleep when we came back! Other than that it was a fantastic stay, especially the day staff!

• Stayed: May 2012