“Amazing!”

Staybridge Suites Liverpool
Ranked #3 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed October 29, 2012

It's perfect. I genuinely couldn't find a bad word to say about this place. The rooms/suites are spacious and comfortable, with everything you need for a long or short stay. There's a gym, laundry, the locations is literally right next door to the Echo Arena in the lovely Docks area of Liverpool. You can walk to Liverpool One in 5 minutes for the bus station, for shopping, or for dinner. The breakfast buffet in the hotel is hassle free and with plenty of choice. You can buy a few things for your stay to be cooked in your room if you want - including a beer (though there's no bar, but not a big deal at all as there are plenty within a 5 minute walk). Free wifi - which is something not enough hotels offer these days. And the best thing is the staff! Really friendly and helpful. I particularly liked the little drinks reception they hold on some week nights. It was a great way to make us feel at home in the hotel. The manager - Asli (I think) - was lovely and had plenty of time for everyone. I can't say that's something I've ever experienced in a hotel before! Will definitely be staying here again on my next visit to Liverpool.

Room Tip: The views of the Liver Building are gorgeous.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
StayGM, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your Staybridge experience with us,

What a great review Thank you, we are happy that you enjoyed your suite and found it more than comfortable. I am also happy that you got to enjoy one of our manager’s receptions and meeting with our General Manager Asli.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Liverpool

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had the room booked for me and was blown away. Staybridge is in a good location next to Albert Dock, the Mersey, Liverpool One and fantastic museums. I arrived on foot and my navigation app sent me to the rear entrance opposite the Echo Arena. The doors were locked so I pressed the button on the intercom. There was no reply but after a few seconds someone approached and released the doors with no eye contact or greeting, which I found a little cold. I walked through The Hub (where breakfast is served) and found reception, where the staff were very friendly and helpful. The lifts only work with your room card and are very fast and efficient. I was in room 422, king studio, and had a view of the wheel and Albert Dock. The kitchenette was fantastic, with dishwasher, fridge, combi oven, induction hob and thoughtful equipment, and could comfortably be used to cook simple meals. Washing up liquid, cloths and dishwasher tablets were under the sink. I looked for coasters and, sure enough, I found some. The aircon/heating system was very easy to use and the room was toasty warm on a cold night by the sea. Two phones, 32" Samsung LCD TV, alarm clock/radio, safe, laundry basket, ironing board, iron, safe and hairdryer all made life easier and were in good condition. I did not use the internet connection. The sofa had a recliner, very comfortable, and the lamps had adjustable heights. Lighting was great throughout the studio, especially the LED reading arms above the bed. The glowing night light of the bathroom, a tiny voltage halogen pointed into a blue glass vase, was a stylish and thoughtful addition. Unlike others I found the lighting in the bathroom good, the bulbs just took time to heat up. I did my makeup in the living area though, as the distance to the mirror was too large in the bathroom, over the deep bowl counter sink. The shower was perfect and the toiletries were good, but the pumps were a bit lame and I ended up unscrewing them to get to the shower gel. The towels were great, lovely and fluffy, but the toilet paper was cheap and let the bathroom down. The bed was very comfortable; there were four pillows and about 7243 cushions. The pillows were square which were fun but I prefer them wider, a minuscule issue. Breakfast was simple but plentiful. I was quite late on a Saturday morning but there was plenty left. The negatives were the household toasters, which were set too high and took too long, and the coffee machine, which also had a constant slow queue that I had no patience for. I'd be prepared to pay a few more quid for premium sausages, free range eggs, fresh juice not from concentrate, etc. The quality of the breakfast does not match the quality of the accommodations and this is a shame. I liked being able to just take a jar of marmalade and a carton of juice to the table. One person seemed to be doing everything, from replenishing all the stations, to clearing tables and cleaning. No mean feat on a busy Saturday morning. Reception proved themselves very helpful again when I checked out, calling a taxi and chasing it up when it didn't arrive, meaning I caught my train home. Absolutely brilliant. Don't eat in this area, there are much nicer, cheaper, independent places elsewhere in the city. Zagros Persian restaurant on London Road is excellent, as is The Quarter.

Room Tip: Floors four and five offer the best views. The wheel looks great lit at night, so a wheel view is ni...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank misswallison

Thank you for taking time to share your Staybridge experience with us,

Wow what a fantastic review, Thank you I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your suite and our location; I have passed your comments to the Front Desk Team who was thrilled at the mention.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Absolutely brilliant hotel. Right beside Liverpool one. Would highly recommend staying here. Loved the Echo Wheel right beside the hotel. Didn't get a room with a great view but still could see the echo Wheel.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank EmmaLx

Thank you for taking time to share your Staybridge experience with us,

Its always great to receive such great feed back, Thank you!

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed in staybridge in America knew it would be a good base for a few days whilst visiting liverpool. Must say really impressed by quality of accommodation, very spacious, every need catered for and very clean. Great breakfast, laundry facilities and fitness room. Staff good too. As on docks very close to a range of restaurants and bars and only a 5 minute walk to the retail heaven that is Liverpool One! Would recommend to all!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Lizsmith1973

Thank you for taking time to share your Staybridge experience with us,

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that you have stayed with our brand over in America.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here on a Friday night. Checked in quite early in the morning and our room was ready. All amenities first rate, kitchen, bathroom and sleeping/livingroom area. Very comfortable bed.
We must disagree with the negative comments of other recent reviewers about the breakfast. It didn't have the variety or quality of a top b and b but was certainly as good as, or better than, most chain hotels that offer a buffet breakfast. Lots of variety to choose from, and a very large comfortable breakfast room to sit in.
I do agree with a previous reviewer, that the advertised price should include VAT. We were aware when we booked that the price we were quoted did not include VAT,so were not surprised, but this was the only time during our 10 day trip in the UK that we encountered accommodation that did not include VAT in the quoted price. This seems very strange, particularly when another Intercontinental hotel nearby (Holiday Inn) quotes prices including VAT.
Overall, though, we highly recommend this hotel-great location great staff, wonderful amenities.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank archar
StayGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Archar
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am delighted to receive such a glowing review from you.
I will certainly pass this on to all of the teams within the hotel and i am sure they will be very appreciative of your comments.
In terms of VAT, our rates needs to be published excluding VAT, and as you have stated , we always inform this upon booking, or if you book via our web site, this is well informed on the screen before you confirm your booking, the reason behind this is due to the VAT regulations in the UK. As we are an extended stay hotel, we have 2 different rate codes we need to apply per HMRC, one is short stay(20%) and one is for long stay(4%), hence we cannot choose one to put as this will be false advertisement, therefore we have our rates ex VAT.
Once again, thank you for your comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Asli Kutlucan

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I popped down to Liverpool for the night to see a friend perform at the Epstein Theatre and this hotel was recommended by another friend who was staying there long term with work. A great welcome by Adam who proved helpful to the end. I noticed that he even remembered people's room numbers on checkout. Impressive stuff. The other staff were helpful too especially the night staff helping find us a place to munch a pizza and share a glass of wine in the small hours. The rooms are funky, clean and with a useful kitchen space. I would certainly revisit this hotel the next time I am in Liverpool.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view of the wheel. Awesome!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank aerodj

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review,

I was happy to read that you found your suit comfortable, I have passed your kind words to Adam and the night team who were overjoyed at the mention

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have stayed in Staybridge Liverpool for a few times. The entire team work tirelessly to ensure the standard is kept very high. The location is good, there is a secure car park next door and only a two minutes walk. I have stayed on the 1st/2nd/4th/5th floor and the higher you are, the better the view in my opinion. The only tiny bug for me is the Internet connection, it is very slow and wireless doesn't work at all on any floor. I tried their ethernet cable but not much improvement there. I understand this is a free service but I rather pay a small fee to get a good connection than something is free but not working. I hope they will address this soon as my wife wants to try another hotel based on the internet experience.
If you don't use the internet, this is a MUST to stay in Liverpool

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fei_lo_23

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review,

I was happy to read that you have been to stay with us on a couple of occasions and find our hotel in a great location.

We have recently updated our internet and seam’s to be running much smoother,

I do hope to welcome yourself and your wife back in the near future.