“Best Greeks in Liverpool!”
Review of Eureka - MOVED

Eureka
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Take the negative reviews with a pinch of salt - notice they have never reviewed another restaurant ever on Trip Advisor - seems dodgy to me! I have been visiting here for 20 years and never a bad meal. The chicken Kebabs at the moment are the tastiest they have ever been. Be reassured the surrounding area may look a bit worse for wear but its much safer to walk around than Matthew Street! This is my favourite restaurant in Liverpool, nothing fancy but excellent food and the atmosphere can't be beaten. Just go!

1  Thank nittynora

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited here on Saturday 26th on a friends recommendation we went for the mezze ( buffet style bit of everything)I can honestly say I have never left a restaurant so full in my life the food was varied full of flavour staff were very friendly nothing to much trouble in this hidden gem (don't judge a book by its cover it may be in a run down 70's precinct and not overlooking the Aegean but the food in this place is worthy of any top notch Greek taverna in any part of Greece) I will be returning and giving the rest of the menu a go even though I felt like I'd tried to eat it all in one sitting on this visit. biggest tip book a table as we did and you won't be disappointed we went at tea time and it was full.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

One of Liverpool's worst kept secrets is how good a Greek Eureka is. It is not placed in the most fitting of places and even the taxi driver who dropped us off said "I think it is somewhere down there" but so glad we found it. Food was really good and lots of it. Atmosphere was good and the waiting staff were great - really attentive but also not over the top, they got it just right. The only downside is that I wish we had found Eureka sooner!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

visited on a quiet weekday last week, wish i hadnt now, however the only good thing that comes out of it is being able to write this review so i can let people know to avoid this place.
scruffy and dirty to begin with, there was a string of dust hanging from the ceiling above our table, and the inside looks like a backstreet taverna IN THE MIDDLE OF BAGHDADi feel like i was back in time 20 years and not in a good greek taverna way, took 20 minutes to get served, in the meantime we could hear the chef singing in greek this putting more of a downer on the already negative start, meatballs were disgusting, ordered dips yet no bread came????had to order bread separatly, hmmm??? in the meantime waitress could be overheard moaning about a customer that had just been in to the chef/apparent owner, chicken kebab for main was dry and overcooked not really any flavour, tiny portion of rice and chips and a salad that i wouldn't even feed to my pet rabbit

the best part about this place the toilets and the exit door

3  Thank mick m
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Attended a family 3oth Birthday party here.was seated on a 10 table given menus and,then got a mouth full from the owner because we sat at a table which he claimed was reserved (with no reserved sign on).got another table waited 1 hour for the order to be taken .received first course and that was it.2.5 hours later we where asking for our meals .we left having no meals .People who where with our group had meals that was raw Will never attend this Resturant again .

3  Thank Alfie H