“Good value”

COCOON @ the International Inn
Ranked #24 of 116 Specialty Lodging in Liverpool
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This place doesn't look very inviting from outside but once inside it's quite pleasant for the money. Our room was large spacious and clean but quite warm and no heating on ! - we left the door open on times to let the air con from the corridor cool it.. I didn't like it that the rooms have no windows. (They are basement rooms). The bathroom was also clean and a nice size. Room had a TV - no remote, docking station , tea coffee facilities but once we used the tea/coffee on 1st morning it was not replaced. We were a party of 20 on a hen weekend - all rooms were basically the same but some were much smaller than ours. For a party weekend that we had planned it was good value but I wouldn't stay here any longer than that due to the fact of no windows in rooms, quite thin walls can hear people moving around and talking etc, Free Wi-fi but absolutely no signal due to being in the basement. Communal area was pleasant with sofa, chairs, TV, pool table , there was a kitchen somewhere but we never used it. Ideal for a short stay for stag's/Hens/backpackers etc. Its just a short walk from shops,pubs,clubs etc so ideal location.

Room Tip: room 226 was one of the larger rooms out of the 10 we booked
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank SusanButts
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went to Liverpool for the weekend with 2 friends and stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The rooms are very small and in need of a very good clean. However for the price we paid i suppose it was ok. When we first arrived our friends room had a lot of things missing. In the room, you were meant to get a docking station, hairdryer and a tv. However their tv did not work and they had no hairdryer or docking station. We reported this to reception and a hair dryer and docking station was brought down straight away. However the tv was not fixed as promised. Also the rooms did not get cleaned and no clean towels were given. We had to use 2 towels on the bathroom floor as the shower leaked and by the time you got out the floor was like a swimming pool.

In the early hours of the morning you could hear people coming in which woke me up on both nights. It is about at 10-15 minute walk away from the centre which was good as all shops were accessible. Overall I don't think I would go back however the staff were lovely! Just a shame about the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stopped at the International Inn for a stag do in March 2013. On arrive, I found that my fellow stags were booked into the main building whilst I had a self contained apartment around the corner - which I'd recommend as you can get a phone signal!!
Everything about the apartment was great except for the bathroom/shower - I like a shower where the water comes out fast, for this, it was barely a trickle! If this were sorted, I'd rate the property much more highly as the location was fab!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 23, 2013

Thank you for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our Apartments, Please accept my apology in regards to the shower, we will look into this.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My biggest dream was to one day visit the home town of the best band ever made and I finally did! However I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for a room I knew I wouldn't have spent a whole lot of time in so I decided to get a hostel and I couldn't be happier with my choice! The hostel was clean and the staff was friendly which is all I ever really ask for! They answered every questions we had and one of the staff is even a distant relative of Ringo...or so he said (he looked a bit like him so we took his word for it!). I honestly have no complaints! The place is clean, it has free wifi, and it was a great place to sleep! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013
Carl James F, Marketing Manager at COCOON @ the International Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for that wonderful review!

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my hen weekend, the rooms were ok size,no windows but very clean and you can come and go as you please. Close the shops and bars. Had a brill weekend!! Staff were very friendly and helpful.........Would come back again for shopping soooooo cheap!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank ldhumphries

Thank you for that wonderful review, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Lambchop187
Carl James F, Marketing at COCOON @ the International Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013