“Our Favourite Chinese!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Our Favourite Chinese!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We ate her last week for my birthday, and it was great as always!! We discovered Mei Mei a couple of years ago after it was recommended by friends, and we try to eat there whenever we visit Liverpool. The food really is excellent - chinese at it's very best! We've only ever booked a table for two - but have always found the service very good.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Walked out- appalling service”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We arrived at 7:30pm, as a party of ten pre booked on Saturday evening. Had to ask for drinks menus which did not materialise. We waited until 8:00pm and no-one had offered us a drink or asked to take our order. Incidentally the table next to us had arrived after we did and were on starters by this point. We then decided as a group we might as well leave, as by this point we were so put off by our experience that we no longer wanted to give our custom to the Mei Mei. I never write on trip advisor, as I am a restaurant manager myself, and I understand the impact a bad review can have, but feel compelled in this instance to pre warn anyone expecting anything more than a mediocre experience

• Visited December 2013
haverfordwest
“best chinese meal I had eaten”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I suppose becuase I loive in the middle of nowhere I found this place vibrant and exciting the food in my opinion was the best Chinese meal I had eaten. There were a lot of chinese people eating there which I think said something. The staff were excellent as was the service. The layout and ambience were good too

• Visited November 2013
Nottingham
“Tasty food in Chinatown”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Picked this place to eat after reading its good reviews and wasn't disappointed. The food was all really good and as a vegetarian, it's always lovely to get a veggie dish that has lots of flavour and isn't boring! I was very impressed! Staff weren't particularly interactive, but the good food made up for that.

Burnley, United Kingdom
“Food is ok, service is poor, overall a bit of a let down...”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Went with friends for a Saturday night meal and I do like a good chinese. Sadly this wasn't really a good chinese...

The food itself was ok - I had Ribs in OK sauce which I couldn't fault and sweet and sour king prawns which were pretty decent too. Mrs 4F6 had chicken satay which was a bit sloppy and tasteless followed by Szechuan chicken which was acceptable enough but not exactly a treat for the tastebuds but the service was poor - had to wait a good while for a drinks order and the staff seemed a combination of uninterested and downright rude or maybe just couldn't actually be bothered. Who knows? The atmosphere is a bit odd too - the place is very brightly lit which leaves it feeling a bit more like a motorway service station than a nice chinese restaurant, maybe its supposed to be modern, I don't know.

The thing is though when I've had a meal I like to leave the restaurant feeling at least reasonably full and satisfied with my meal and that didn't happen this time. Whilst it was tasty enough for some reason I just didn't particularly feel like I'd enjoyed it and for that reason alone it's not somewhere I'd bother with in future.

• Visited November 2013