“It's average for such a big chain”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #386 of 1,680 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
Merseyside
“It's average for such a big chain”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Have been a fan of pizza express visiting many around the country over the years. Food is average, service a little slow and it's always cold when ever you go. Better pizza express by the echo arena.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank psteer

• Slovak first
“great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

wow what a restaurant, really loved the food and would make this a regular visiting place. The restaurant was really hygienic and the bathrooms were up to standard and fresh smelling. I must admit to was quite busy so there was a wait on the food but other than that I really cant say anything else negative

Visited May 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A piece of advice to the Manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and myself have been eating here for many years and have always found the service and food to be of a good standard. Today we visited the restaurant and both felt that the standards in service had slipped to a real low.

Apart from another table which had already eaten we were the only other diners present but the waiter still managed to cock up our order by bringing our main course to use after we ordered a starter each, I find this unacceptable as it was hardly busy so you would really like to think a very simple thing like starter before main could of been communicated easily enough!

Perhaps it had something to do with the chef who was busy chatting to her friend at the kitchen!

I was not impressed by the service, the waiter ushered over to an empty table in a very flippant manner, in the past we have always been personally greeted at the entrance and taken over to a table.

Drinks were ordered and the waiter in question just dumped the bottles on the table and walked off, we normally expect the drinks to be poured, is this too much to expect?

Overall a dreadful eating out experience and for the price of nearly £50 we certainly will not be returning here.

Don't get me wrong the food was okay so no complaints there but the service just ruined our visit so much it's put us off coming back.

I hope the Manager takes note !

I would no longer recommend this Pizza Express, it's gone off the boil for sure.

• Visited November 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Pizza express management take note”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Having been a regular visitor over the past few years really feel that the place is slipping. You could normally guarantee a good meal but not any more. The only saving grace was the poor member of staff who was running around all night, waiting, cleaning, even helping the chef.
The food was not up to scratch and over priced all thing considered. It wouldn't cost much to have an extra member of staff to help out!!!
If it wasn't for your waiting on staff I'd have reviewed it even worse! Sort it out pizza express.

1 Thank tallmatt25
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Walk past and through the depressed masses waiting at the bus stops outside and cross the portals of this restaurant into one of Liverpool's many beautiful old buildings. If you are serious about food, then the best time to go is Monday or Tuesday when the restaurant is less busy. I'm a sucker for the Etna Romana this chain do and this is restaurant is where they consistently make it better than anywhere else. Also stunning is their house red (a cheeky Montepeluciano) and their homemade Tiramusu - so very 90's but still stunning when well made. Finish with a double expresso, pay the bill and leave with a smile on your face - not so broad mind you as to annoy the depressed bus stop people outside. I can't comment on other parts of the menu or indeed the standard at other times, but when I go its always the perfect antidote to a hard day at work.

• Visited October 2013