“Excellent service made our day”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #499 of 1,846 Restaurants in Liverpool
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The food and drink are pretty standardised in Pizza Express so you know what to expect from the cuisine.

On the occasion that we went during a visit to Liverpool, the service here was excellent. The waitress was friendly and attentive, and even engaged in general conversation with us (as opposed to just taking orders and processing the bill), which was nice; especially given that this was a busy Saturday night around Christmas. I find that this kind of friendly service is very unusual in UK restaurants, compared with places abroad where it is the norm.

We had a nice view of the Mersey and the wheel as well.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Visited the restaurant on a Friday lunch time, nice interior with plenty of seating. Food was lovely and we were served promptly. Quite expensive if you do not have a voucher which are readily available via the internet.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Been here twice now and thought the first time was just a one off, but it wasn't.

Pizza Express does lovely food, and very reasonably priced, doing good deals on the weekend, too. I often go for the Padana Leggera pizza, which is gorgeous. However my issue with this branch is the service; both times we have gone now it took at least 5 minutes for members of staff to acknowledge we were waiting for them, despite at least 4 different people walking past us. After we were seated, we waited 20 minutes for somebody to even ask us which drinks we would like; I think it would have been longer, but we had to get a waitresses attention. It's not as issue of being under staffed, as I saw lots of staff walking around, some chatting.

The food came quickly, however, but the service let everything else down. From now on I'll be going to a different branch should I go back to Pizza Express, as I've heard from friends the same sort of experiences with this Liverpool One branch.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

On coming off the Liverpool wheel I was looking for somewhere to shelter from the rain and eat. Pizza express was directly in front of me and solved both problems.
The welcome was friendly and polite the service rapid and the food was the usual, excellent Pizza express, quality and artistic presentation

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Very good location ,near to the conference centre .As it is a chain the range of food is the same as any where else .Service was quick ,staff polite and efficient