“OH DEAR...”
Review of Puschka

Puschka
Reserve with OpenTable
Puschka is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,783 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
Description: Puschka opened in an old Georgian town house at 16 Rodney Street on the edge of Liverpool's Georgian quarter in 2001 and is one of only a handful of independent restaurants in the city. “With its cosy cushions and wonderful food & service, this funky bohemian restaurant is the kind of place that you do not want to leave”. The Guardian: 'Best Places to Eat in England'.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We ate here just before Christmas. Having eaten here before and throughly enjoyed it I was excited to return. It was a late table around 9pm. The food is delicious, that is undisputed... This tiny dining room was filled with 4 or 5 large groups of corporate Christmas parties. The noise was massive. I wanted to leave within 5/10 mins of sitting and down and wish we had. Rushed through the food and dashed out with a sigh of relief to the quiet of the street. OK I understand it is Xmas and Xmas parties are inevitable but as I communicated with the manager - I think theres a balancing act to be done between catering to large parties and maintaining the intimate and pleasant dining experience which is why I specifically chose them. Not happy, blatant profiteering on their growing reputation at the expense of a few a la carte diners.

2  Thank trendytraveller112
There are newer reviews for Puschka

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have been wanting to eat here for some time but it is usually booked up in the week - a Sunday in January however and we were in. Rather oddly for us this was to be a 'dry' meal, it being THAT time of year. The staff were happy to swap the glass of wine with the early bird menu for a soft drink (and also dessert for a 'small' cheese board for my wife).

Despite it being early bird, the food was top quality with decent sized portions. The other half raved about the onion soup and I was equally happy with my oozy goats cheese tart. For mains fish was the order of the day for the wife whilst I tucked in to a chicken saltimbocca with sage roasties. Both were delicious. Puds are difficult to choose between but eventually I plumped for ginger pudding with vanilla custard, which was also fabulous. Finally the staff let us take the remains of the 'small' cheeseboard away with us. We shall return to this wonderful place very soon!

1  Thank willb1987
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Went to Puschka for my birthday - it was a bit more expensive than what we would normally choose, so we decided to go for the early evening menu (4 - 6.30pm) which was great value at £19.90 for 3 courses and a glass of wine. And it was well worth it because the food was amazing. I had a goats cheese starter which came with its own little mini loaf of bread - delightful. I had the veggie main of baked butternut squash with puy lentils and feta - Oh My Word! The flavours were truly historic. Pud was a chocolate mousse with orange ice cream, I was just groaning with pleasure by then. The only slight moan was the price of the wine, we very quickly finished the 'free' glass so ordered a bottle which I thought at £18ish was a bit pricey for what was a very basic bottle of Rose. But other than that, the food was more than worth the money. Do give it a try, you won't be disappointed

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stumbled on this place by accident a few years ago and it his has to be my favourite restaurant in Liverpool. The food is great, the service is great and the ambiance inside is too. It is a bit on the expensive side but you get what you pay for. We have had to book more in advance the most recent times we have booked a table for a Saturday so I would say I wish the place was bigger but then I think it could lose some of its charm.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Got lucky and booked late on 'Black Friday'. Got there early and had a drink at the bar with a top lad who worked there. We asked what would he recommend. Not on the menu was a haggis starter with a whiskey sauce so he went down to the kitchen and ordered it specially. Overall food, staff, ambience, quirkiness, all outstanding. This is my first ever review on Trip Advisor. These guys went the 'extra mile'. Will be back with some others so they can share the magic too.