“Favorite lunch spot in Lincoln!”
Review of The Cheese Society

The Cheese Society
Ranked #13 of 455 Restaurants in Lincoln
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Specialist cheese shop and cheese eatery, located in the Cathedral Quarter of Lincoln. We stock a wide range of local, British & Continental cheeses and serve a select range of hot and cold cheeses dishes. Enjoy loose teas, fresh coffee, wines, beers, ales, ciders and soft drinks
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This small little cafe is amazing! Their service and food never disappoint. While all of the dishes are fantastic, they are quite cheesy and can be very rich in flavor (they do have less cheesy options). I recommend going with a few friends, ordering a few dishes, and sharing. That's what I always do - that way, the flavors of just one dish aren't so overpowering and you get to try new things too! I recommend them to everyone!

There are newer reviews for The Cheese Society

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Am a cheese lover, this restaurant has been recommended to me by my good friend, and it didnt disappoint me, i loved the food, and the services... great good keep it up!

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We'd been looking forward to having lunch here and it didn't disappoint. The service was good, staff very helpful with recommendations etc. I had the Tartiflette which was served with caramelised onions and salad and OH had smoked haddock rarebit both of which were fabulous. I wasn't intending to have pudding but couldn't resist the chocolate tart with marmalade ice cream . My only wish is that we'd have loved an evening meal there too. The fondue sounded yummy. It's not just cheese though, so if you have a cheese hating companion, there are other meals too.
We also bought loads of cheese and it was lovely to have knowledgeable and enthusiastic assistants. Visit, you won't be disappointed

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Went here yesterday for my Birthday lunch, never been before but it been recommended. Love the fact that children under 10 are not allowed in here. We have had meals ruined by noisy badly behaved children in the past. Food was delicious and although very tiny inside there was a nice homely atmosphere. Staff were very friendly. Cannot wait to go back and try more from the menu.

1  Thank angelweeps
Reviewed February 8, 2013

As a couple with a 6 weeks old baby we were very much looking forward to a lunch here. My partner is not from the area and I had recommended this cafe as I have always enjoyed eating here. However, I was shocked and disgusted to be turned away at 11:30 on a Monday lunch time due to have an "under 10" with us. Despite my child being carried we were told there was no space in the restaurant for her. I do understand the place is very small but I felt discriminated against and will not be visiting again. It also crossed my mind that there would be no room for a person in a wheelchair, steps up to the cafe and a big sofa blocking the entrance puts a stop to access. I was, in fact, please to see that when we walked past the place a couple of hours later the place only had 2 diners.

7  Thank Disappointed1657
KAOM52, Owner at The Cheese Society, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Really sorry that you feel discriminated against. This is a no under 10's policy that we have had in place for some years and we do have clear notices posted both on the door, as you get inside and on our website to advise customers. The cafe area is fairly small and is simply not suitable for children, prams & buggies. If someone comes in with a wheel chair then we move the sofas if necessary. Some places are geared up for children, but I am afraid ours isn't.