“excellent service and great pies”
Review of Browns Pie Shop

Browns Pie Shop
Ranked #14 of 455 Restaurants in Lincoln
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We visited Browns for lunch, don't be put off by the steep hill walk, it was worth it!. The restaurant was quite busy however a very friendly lady promptly found us a table. My husband ate off the two course lunch menu whilst i decided on having the goats cheese to start and mussels for main. The goats cheese was delicious and so was the onion marmalade with it. You are able to have the starters as a main so my mussels were also a starter size portion. The bread accompanying each dish was lovely and fresh. My husbands pork and vegetable pie was soooo tasty. Packed with melt in the mouth meat and finished off with a light puff pastry lid. All the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We would definitely return and it was a lovely change from the usual chain restaurants.

There are newer reviews for Browns Pie Shop

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I had the baked mussels and the steak & kidney pie but I could quite easily have chosen anything off the menu. It all looked delicious. The prices werent the cheapest but the quality was exceptional and the staff were very cheerful. Definitely recommend. Book to ensure a table.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My second visit and certainly wasn't disappointed . Lamb pie was packed with meat in a lovely sauce .puddings to die for my pina colada panacotta was delicious hubby said his jam roly poly was just perfect .food was piping hot . service was spot on . Can't wait for visit number 3

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I only had 1 hour for lunch & decided to duck in here for a quick bite (as I was in the area).
I mentioned that my time was limited, & the friendly waitress said that I would have ample time to enjoy a main course & maybe even a starter or desert too.

The lunch menu I chose from was extremely good value, as you could (if desired) have 3 courses for under £13 (+ drinks). I opted for a starter of Chicken liver parfait, & the Pie of the day for a main course.

The starter arrived within minutes of ordering & was genorous in size & tasted very nice indeed. The Main course of Chicken, ham & leek pie was presented with a side dish of vegetables. The pie was majestic & towered over the accompanying mash potato. The only slight disappointment is once you break the puff pastry open, you are left looking at a large void, as the meat of the pie sits in a dish at the bottom (effectively 50% of the pie is empty!). However, I did over-hear someone order the same pie but requesting a short-crust top instead (which is what I will do, if I visit again). Anyway, the pie filling was piping hot & tasted fine & as a whole meal it was of ample size to easily fill me up.

The whole (slightly rushed) experience was very well handled by the waitress, & she was very polite at all times. Hopefully next time I will be able to visit in the evening with the better half, & be able to fully sample the A-la carte menu at a more leisurely pace.

2  Thank Dirk L
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We went for a early bite to eat, and were lucky enough to be early for the early evening offer. We choose to have a bottle of Claret - I would have liked it to have been opened in front of us, but it tasted and perfect. We both had the chicken liver parfait, perfect with toast and salad, just GORGEOUS!
For our main we both then had the pork, mushroom and vegetable pie OUTSTANDING, great portion and the mash and side vegetables were perfect.
As the desserts were only £2 more on the offer we choose the apple crumble, nuts and ice cream and my fiancé had the treacle tart, again perfect.

We had a fantastic time, great service and gorgeous food!

Chris G, Owner at Browns Pie Shop, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear Mark and Sarah
Thank you so much for your lovely comments on your meal with Us. It is always good to hear that our customers have enjoyed their time with us. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.