“Never made it as far as the door”

Thailand Number One
Ranked #13 of 447 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rugeley, United Kingdom
“Never made it as far as the door”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I perservered to book a table here for over a week after a friend recommended it.

I even went as far as to email them to request a call back as noone answered the phone after about seven attempts. Eventually when I got through to speak to someone I requested to book a table for 10 at 7.30pm with 5 days notice (would have 10 if they answered the phone).

I was told that the only times available would be 7pm or 9.15pm as these were the two sittings. I requested the 7pm sitting and was asked to ensure that we would leave by 9pm. I said of course if we have finished eating we would leave but that would be dependant on the service on the evening. The lady I spoke to said of course their service was quick but we would HAVE to leave by 9pm to make room for other bookings.

Next it was requested that before the day I call into the restaurant to pay £5 per head deposit which would be returned to me at the end of the evening.

Subsequently, I rang a different restaurant and was able to book a table for 10 with no deposit, no time limit, and for the time that I wanted. So I cancelled my reservation here.

WASTE OF MY TIME - way too demanding!

• Visited January 2013

Greenford, United Kingdom
“Nice !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Went with some work colleagues and really enjoyed it?

We all ordered starters - mine was OK just lacking in flavour !!

The main courses arrived and were fab - I ordered the hot red Thai curry which was very tasty ; note to self - just wished I'd ordered two rices to go with it!!

The beers were nicely chilled and great value at £25 per head - want to return soon!

Redcar, United Kingdom
“Delicious Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Decided to turn up on spec Saturday night Christmas market weekend. They had a table which was just inside the door so a bit chilly and draughty but our fault for not booking not theirs. The restaurant was full of both small and large groups and had a wonderful lively atmosphere, everyone appeared to be having a great time.
The staff are very attentive, smartly dressed, polite and very efficient.
The food was lovely. We chose a mixed starter to share which allowed us to try half a dozen different dishes and it was served with three dipping sauces.
The main courses were chilli & garlic chicken and a mixed seafood dish. Bith were delicious. The mixed seafood was exceptional .It included squid, mussels and prawns and every element was cooked perfectly, nothing under or over-cooked.
Total cost with a bottle of mid-range red wine was £60.
Really enjoyed it and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Visited December 2012
Teddington, United Kingdom
“Okay, but lacks authenticity”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Whilst decorated in a style similar to many thai restaurants in the UK, and staffed with friendly thai waitresses, the appearance and taste of the food is lacking.
Too many ingredients seem to be reliant upon british veg, rather than their thai counterparts, and the sauces lacked the balance between sweet, sour ,hot and salty that is the essence of thai cuisine.
That said the food is not unpleasant, but if you a real thai meal, look elsewhere.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank TEDDINGTON35
Shipley, United Kingdom
“Top Thai Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Full of flavour food, really delicious, excellent service, really nice decoration and they always have a nice cold crispy white wine waiting for us. I can't wait to go back there in a future visit to Lincoln.
Highly recommended for any occasion, I usually go with my boyfriend but they also accomodate big parties that seem to enjoy every meal every time.

• Visited May 2012