“Wonderful Stay”
Review of The Pyewipe Inn

The Pyewipe Inn
Ranked #19 of 51 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The Pyewipe Inn overlooks the on the Fossdyke waterway whilst accomodation is in a separate block across the car park. Our ground floor room was very clean and well decorated. Bathroom was also clean and warm. Shower cubicle was not the biggest but the shower was warm and powerful.

Accommodation was very quiet and peaceful though we were only minutes away from the city of Lincoln. We ate in the inn and the food was first class and a very reasonable price. Staff were polite and attentive without being obtrusive. The food was served on large plates and was delicious. Sadly a lack of room prevented sampling the puddings.

Lincoln is a half hour walk away, the marina at Burton Waters a little further the other way. In short, wonderful location, friendly people, superb food. The Pyewipe went straight on our 'must re-visit' list.

Room Tip: Upstairs to the rear will ensure quietness and privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Called on the off the chance midday, on a Tuesday for a spot of lunch, having never been before, it was a pleasant surprise to find this lovely inn tucked away by the river about a half mile down a lane from the main road. The inn was very nice, with pleasant staff, and although it was a Tuesday lunch it was still very busy, which tells how good the food is. We ordered our food, which only took about 15 mins, and it was excellent. I will certainly be eating here again soon, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this pub to anyone.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phil L
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed for one Saturday night to sample a bit of Lincoln. Staff very pleasant and helpful upon arrival. We had a double room which was clean and tidy, a good nights sleep was had due to quiet location. (the rooms are in an annex away from the restaurant/pub). Value for money was good for the accommodation compared to other Hotels nearby, didn't eat in the restaurant but have been told food is excellent and all tables were booked that night anyhow. Breakfast was average, no beans with the Full English and one sausage? Only thing to watch out for are the totally unnecessary speed bumps on the very narrow lane to the hotel, they are not marked very clearly and we hit the first one without knowing. Overall a very pleasant stay.

1  Thank RicksterHull
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband booked this as a surprise and it was lovely, stayed overnight had evening meal in pub very nice, service a bit slow but it was busy. Rooms were lovely and a little a way from the pub so not noisy, very spacious. You can walk into Lincoln along the canal it takes about 20-30 mins and its a lovely walk very flat. I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again.You do need to watch for signs as you get near as its down a little track/road.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 2couple
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed at the Pyewipe over the weekend, I cannot praise this delightful Inn highly enough. The warmth of the welcome, the cleanliness of the room,the comfort of the bed, but above all the food.
My wife had the Souffle to start, quite amazing in flavour, texture,and a total melt in your mouth experience. The rump steak was cooked to perfection, the best I have ever had.
I cannot fault this superb, hotel and cannot wait to return. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

On a whim we booked to go to Lincoln for the weekend. We were fortunate enough to stay at the Pyewipe Inn.
I cannot find anything even slightly negative to say about this wonderful place......From the second we checked in until the sad time we checked out we had a fantastic time.
For my evening meal I chose the cheese souffle as my starter........This has to go on a list of "Things to try before you die!" It was possibly the nicest food I'd ever had.
Do yourself a favour and don't delay in booking to stay at this jewel. You'll be the better for it!

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

New job means I have to stay around Lincoln now and again. After experiencing some disappointments with large chains and some small country places being just not quite up to it, I went for a pub with rooms and a decent restaurant
they admit it is a work in progress as they have just taken it over but I found the bed v comfy, bathroom & fluffy towels good and the food is good if a little pricey
I think I have found somewhere to repeat stay

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business