All reviews reform restaurant franklin room junior suite no lift courtyard room steep hill eggs benedict lovely hotel small hotel car park the main hotel breakfast was excellent pubs and restaurants lovely room bailgate area an ideal location high standard
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

On our way from Liverpool to Wicken we stopped off over night at Wicken in the castle hotel
In summary
Parking lots of spaces
Location easy to find and near to both castle and cathedral
Double room was very comfortable
Shower was the best one I’ve ever had
Did not have evening meal but breakfast was very good
Staff very courteous
Finally we were able to leave our car in hotel car park until 1pm even though we booked out at 10

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank GEORGEW2444
Reviewed October 8, 2018

I stayed at the Castle Hotel this weekend and was blown away to find them holding the Red Arrows end of season bash! What a treat for me as a life long fan. It seems they use Reform Restaurant as their preferred choice.
If its good enough for the Arrows then its good enough for me.
Amazing staff, amazing Breakfast and well appointed rooms.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2018

We thought we would try and check out the Castle Hotel Restaurant as always passing the place and curiosity got the better of us so we dared to try. With the Hotel being situated in the Bailgate area of Lincoln we also had the opportunity to do a little shopping too and yes Jady found the hand bag she’s been looking for, so an early Birthday present. The weather was nice sunny and mild so able to have drinks and coffee on the patio before and after our meal. The dinning area is nice compact and guess to be honest ordinary décor layout, still the Sunday Roast Meal was our reason for the visit. We chose for starters the pâté very nice and generous portions too, I chose the Roast Beef, Yorkshires and Roast Potatoes, Jady chose the Pork Roast dish and Roast Potatoes both with the usual vegetables and also accompanied with a glass or two of the house Wine. The service was very good especially as the restaurant was not as busy as we expected, so all our needs were fully catered for. I must say there appears to be little atmosphere it’s a pity, as soft music may have helped and more people dinning would have helped in creating a more pleasant dinning experience. We did enjoy our experience and meal with good service by the staff.

Room tip: only lunch visit
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

I was a bit apprehensive about my stay after reading some bad reviews but honestly can say I had a lovely stay! We stayed in the apartment so I can’t comment on any of the normal hotel rooms but the apartment was perfect for us as a family. My little boy loved walking around and it’s great to have extra space with a little one. The staff at check in and check out were really polite and helpful and I would definitely recommend staying here and would stay again. The stairs up to the apartment are a bit steep so something to bear in mind but wouldn’t put me off going again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank DWilliamson86
SarahA, Owner at The Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Thank you for your review and in particular the mention of how polite and helpful staff are. This does need highlighting as we do everything we can to make a guests stay enjoyable as it is our point of difference.
Your review does make a difference to us. Thank you

Reviewed September 28, 2018

We stayed here at The Castle for two nights and found it to be a comfortable and relaxed stay. We had booked the Tennyson room which is on the top floor, so the stairs are an issue if you are not very fit. But this was pointed out to us when we booked, so not a problem to us. The room was clean and very pleasant, giving views of the castle and surrounding area. Having read the previous reviews, we have to say that we found ALL the staff to be polite, helpful and efficient. Breakfasts were well cooked and presented. The hotel is well placed for visiting the Cathedral and the Castle - both of which are within easy walking distance.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We feel that we due to a difficult group of guests over just one weekend who were attending a wedding, we have suffered bad reviews.
It does matter to us and we do our best to make every guest experience positive so i do thank you again.