“A real home from home experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Allotment House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
The Allotment House
Ranked #20 of 52 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Billericay, United Kingdom
“A real home from home experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Wow! What a find! Right from the warmest of welcomes to the moment we left we couldn't have asked for more. Our room overlooked the allotments with a view of the cathedral, a king size bed that we melted into and homemade flapjacks too! A comfortable 15 min walk to the cathedral quarter was fuelled by a superb breakfast, best scrambled eggs ever! Best sausages ever! Thanks Barbara, See you again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

My son, daughter and I stayed in the triple room at the Allotment House. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The pillows felt like I was laying my head in a nest of clouds, I just floated away to sleep. The tin of brownies outside our door on the night we arrived, and the coffee cake on the second night were delicious and a delightful touch. The breakfast was superb, we had the full English on the first morning, which was incredible and kept us full all day. We had the continental on the second morning, simply because I had a long drive ahead and wanted something lighter, but that again was delicious. We had pain au chocolat, croissants and mini baguettes all freshly baked. The fruit salad was amazing again the best I have ever had. I couldn't fault this b and b at all. It was clean, spotless, warm and welcoming and we will definitely be coming back again. Thank you to our lovely hostess for all the welcoming touches and kind words.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JackieJ19
Kent, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

On arrival we were greeted by Barbara who was so attentive and immediately put the kettle on and presented us with a lovely homemade cake which we ate in a very pleasant sitting room which she said was available for our use. Barbara went the extra mile to help us get to know the area and personally drove us into town and back to avoid parking problems even though we had our own car. Barbara is a delightful lady and nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast was extremely good and plentiful. The view from our bedroom was rather nice as you could clearly see Lincoln Catherdral across a well maintained back garden and yes a small allottment. The room was very clean and comfortable with little extras which make your stay more pleasant. This B and B is very good value for money and we would not hestiate to stay there again. .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

A delightful guest house with accommodating and caring owner. Marvelous Lincolnshire sausages for breakfast [ Mountain's Boston sausage] .The property has recently been extended and the furnishing are modern and comfortable.We shall certainly be returning in the future

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Darlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We are 3 couples who stayed overnight in October 2013. The rooms were extemely comfortable and spotlessly clean. Lovely view of the cathedral floodlit at night.Hospitality was warm and welcome. There was fresh milk and bottled water available in a fridge upstairs. Very comfotable lounge. Off street parking. Easy walking distance into the city centre.The breakfast was lovely.
A really lucky find on the internet- would have no hesitation in recommending to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Beirut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I spent more than a week in the lovely Lincoln at the allotment house.

Even though it was a working visit, For 9 nights I felt it was just like home.

The owner Barbara was really amazing. She welcomed me with a cup of tea and throughout my visit kept providing me with cakes and fruits.

The breakfasts were simply amazing. I always had the scrambled eggs, Barbara's style. ( Barbara , I can never do them they way you did.)

I stayed in a single room that had a view to the garden and the Lincoln cathedral. (I have now a wonderful background image for my laptop).
there was a tv, a ready set of a fine collection of tea hot chocolate and cafee . Right outside my door there was a small fridge with bottles of water and fresh milk .
I think there was a map on the table for Lincoln too.

Lots of wardrobe space. The temperature of the room was always good, Never felt the cold or hot. there were 2 bed lights , an alarm clock so that i wont be late. ( which didn't work out with me coz am always late) an emergency light just incase.

The sitting room is just as comfy and cozy as it can be. A good place for someone to relax with a book near the fire place.

Thank you Barbara for the lovely time, the night walks :) breakfasts and chocolate cakes ooh and the town lift.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Myassar I
Ramsgate, Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at The Allotment House with my son last weekend, he is starting Lincoln Uni this week. Nothing was too much trouble for Barbara the lovely owner, including picking us up from the station when we arrived and dropping us back at the uni the next day. The twin room was spacious and spotlessly clean as was the bathroom. As others have said, the breakfast was delicious and plenty of it! I wished we had stayed longer than one night but there's always next time! Barbara, with her kindness and warmth, helped turn what could have been a very upsetting weekend for me into a happy occasion, thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family