“disappointingly average”

Caffe Portico
Ranked #15 of 531 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Caffe Portico is a fully licensed Italian Caffe Bar and Pizza Restaurant serving a wide selection of delicious homemade and locally sourced food throughout the day and Neapolitan wood fired oven pizzas on Friday and Saturday evenings. We are the perfect venue for a private party. Birthdays and engagements, clubs and societies, office parties and any other festive occasions. We create bespoke menus and provide all the services you will need to make your event one to remember.
Reviewed June 24, 2017

This is usually one of my favourite restaurants in Lincoln for lunch. I visited during the week and it was not as good as previous visits. My daughter had the soup and half a sandwich. The soup was tasty served in a tea cup (which is fine) but it was such a small portion for the price charged. I had pesto pasta with mushrooms and salmon. Again the portion of salmon amounted to 3-4 flakes of salmon, I am not exaggerating here and I thought they possibly won't charge me the extra for that. I had a coffee which was fine, as our parking was running out we got a piece of rocky road to take away. The whole bill came to £25 I have to say I don't think it was worth that. I was disappointed .

2  Thank Mirro50
Sim B, Owner at Caffe Portico, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2017

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your experience at Caffe Portico, we always like to make sure our customers are happy and have received good value for money. Our reviews show that over 95% of people who leave a review are extremely happy with choice price and quality, something we a very proud of. If at the time you had mentioned your misgivings we would have been in a position to do something about it. Our staff are extremely approachable and helpful and are there to make your visit a pleasant experience they would prefer you to leave happy than to leave a mediocre review. Kindest regards Sim Bellandini

Reviewed June 15, 2017

This was a little gem of a find tucked away behind the High Street. The staf are amazingly friendly and the atmosphere is just great. The service is excellent.

If you like pizza, Friday evenings here are a must. Homemade dough and fresh ingredients on an all you can eat basis make the place unbeatable!

Reviewed May 31, 2017

Generally go here for business meetings, a lovely place with great food and snacks, good atmosphere and location.

Reviewed April 24, 2017 via mobile

Always make a good coffee and the breakfast is delicious. The staff are friendly and attentive plus the location just off from the Lincoln high street is ideal giving it a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed April 23, 2017

This place is lovely as it's off the beaten track. It makes great coffee, it's never too busy but always enough people in to have an atmosphere. I didn't really want to write this review so I could keep it a secret, but I caved in! I'm always in here, so I might see you around...

1  Thank Lulabelle27