“Believe the hype!”

The Bronze Pig
Ranked #5 of 447 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lincoln, England.
“Believe the hype!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We've visited the currently most talked about restaurant in Lincoln, after about a 4-week wait for a table for a Saturday evening. To say this place was worth the wait and lives up to the hype is an understatement. Our party of four were blown-away by the service, food and overall experience offered by the Bronze Pig. The staff were attentive without being intrusive and the food was exquisite. The menu is not extensive, offering about four or five dishes for each course, but it doesn't need to be, each dish is expertly cooked and presented, we were "wowed" each time a plate was brought to the table. We all ate three courses, with wine, which came to around £50 per head, well worth the price and we will be back very soon. Please don't change!

pompeo s, Owner at The Bronze Pig, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
We are pleased that your party of 4 had a "wowed" dining experience. Thank you for taking the time to write the review. Please be assured that we have no intention of changing.

Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This restaurant doesn't look much from the outside but once you walk in it's another world. We visited this restaurant last night and had an excellent meal. The service was second to none and very friendly. I had the smoked duck (beautiful) and my partner had the pork rillettes. Then for main course I had pork tenderloin and my partner had the steak - the steak just melted in your mouth. We had a bottle of house wine which we enjoyed, but didn't manage a sweet; however what we saw coming out of the kitchen look delicious. The presentation of all meals was done to perfection. I have to agree with the other reviews the food here is 'out of this world'. The restaurant has a lovely ambiance. I left my glasses on the table and Pompeo took the time to call my partner on his mobile so we could go back and get them as we had caught the train from Newark (thank you). We will certainly be going back. You can also buy some interesting oils, jars and tins of top quality food.

pompeo s, Owner at The Bronze Pig, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
I clearly recall us having a chat and you telling me that you took the train from Newark and came to Lincoln to enjoy an evening out. I wish I had spotted your glasses on the table earlier than I did to save your husband walking back for them. We are glad you thought the "food and service were excellent".
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant in the city by a country mile!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I took my father who was visiting from out of town for a beletad birthday present. The dining experience fo start to finish was sublime.
We started with pork rillettes which were perfectly seasoned and just the right consistency. We both had the fillet steaks which were enormous; both cooked to perfection. My was ordered rare and came propperly rare in the French style. We shared a cheese course and moved on to desserts of a chocolate delice and rhubarb tart.

The wine was aslo superb and the maitre de was great at recommending a wine that matched both the starter and the main. He also recommended a desert wine perfectly matched for my hocolate dessert.

The service was magnificent. Out waitress was a delight and had the perfect balance between friendly attentiveness without being fussy or intrusiveness. So many fine dining restaurants get this balance wrong; not this place, however.

This was my second visit and I will be back for a third and a forth.

pompeo s, Owner at The Bronze Pig, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
It is always a great compliment when locals that have dined at The Bronze Pig, come again with family members or friends who are visiting from out of town or from abroad. Your kind words have been shared with the whole team. Thank you for taking the time to write the review.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Love this place!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Booked for our 15th Wedding Anniversary and visited tonight. Lovely little place that you may walk past without ever knowing it's there. The food was out of this world! Truly amazing and worth every penny!! The atmosphere and service was excellent, would definitely have no doubt in recommending to anyone. Can't wait for our next visit.

pompeo s, Owner at The Bronze Pig, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for coming to The Bronze Pig to celebrate your 15th anniversary and we are glad you think your dining experience was excellent. Thank you for writing the review.
lincoln, UK
“If you haven't been yet, you really must”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The Bronze Pig has that "something" factor which so many other restaurants try so hard to produce but that eludes them. The food is out of this world - I really do mean that - I am always left enthusing about the quality of the ingredients, the fabulous menu choices (which change by the way) and the presentation of the dishes. Pompeo, one of the owners, is passionate about his restaurant and about the dining experience that they are offering, and Eamonn, the other owner and chef, does just what he does best but brilliantly.
This is no dine by numbers establishment, your table is your table for the evening and Pompeo works hard at making sure that the diners are staggered to ensure the best dining experience.
It really is a fantastic experience to dine at The Bronze Pig. Friday's and Saturday's are always booked up weeks in advance but they do open on a Wednesday and Thursday, so if you can't get in at the weekend, don't compromise and go somewhere less wonderful , try a midweek evening - I promise you, you won't regret it

1 Thank kdee69
pompeo s, Owner at The Bronze Pig, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for writing the review highlighting the various aspects of the whole dining experience: the menu that change regularly, the preparations of the dishes, the service, the fact that tables are not double booked, the unhurried atmosphere. We are glad you appreciate the effort made to achieve what you so elegantly describe.