“Excellent evening out!”

Ranked #28 of 518 Restaurants in Lincoln
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The food was fantastic. There was no problem with any of my dietry requirements and the service was friendly and welcoming. The food is well presented. I had the best steak I have ever eaten. Portions are large and unfortunately I was too full for a third course! We will certainly go back again.

1  Thank Karen F
pompeo s, Owner at The Bronze Pig, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your comments and are happy that we met your dietary requirements as we try to do our very best not to let such restrictions spoil the dining experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Just returned from this great little restaurant.
They only have a short menu, but it covers a wide range of taste and it changes very regularly.
My belly pork was melt-in-the-mouth tender, which followed some home cured charcuterie.
Presentation was precise and service was attentive and friendly.
Looking forward to returning soon.

2  Thank David F

We are glad you enjoyed your cured charcuterie and your pork and we thank you for writing your comments for others to see.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This restaurant is a collaboration between the owner of the Taste of Italy Deli and a Masterchef finalist from last year.

They have been putting on a "pop up" restaurant in the Deli on an occasional basis for the last few months, but they have now turned it into a four night a week restaurant.

My wife and I visited on Valentines Day and the food was a treat. The chef beautifully combines flavours and textures in a fresh modern style. As has already been said the portions are slightly larger than at some similar restaurants, but not too large. My favourite dish of the night was lobster on a bed of mashed jerusalem artichokes with crispy bacon.

Setting the restaurant in the Deli works well I think, with the neat shelves of quality produce providing and interesting backdrop.

Service was excellent all overseen by the friendly Maitre D, pompeo.

If they keep up this standard they will provide stiff competition for the other "serious" restaurants in Lincoln.

2  Thank Tim H

Thank you for the accurate explanation of the way The Bronze Pig came to be. We are glad we contributed towards an enjoyable Valentine’s day for you and your wife. We fully intend to keep the standard we have set. Thanks for your kind comments.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My meal last Wednesday at the Bronze Pig has got to be one of the nicest meals I have ever had in Lincoln. The restaurant is a really clever addition to an italian deli on West Parade, and it works really well. The food is not italian theme, its more 'modern english' but the portion sizes are by no means small. Every course was bursting with flavour and the combinations put together by the Masterchef finalist chef work brilliantly. The service was top notch, the food was fantastic I hope this place gets the success it deserves.

1  Thank DiverWarby

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for your good wishes. We are delighted you enjoyed the food and service.