Everest Xpress
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Decided to give this takeaway a try after our local one received really low cleanness rating. Firstly the website very impressive, very good choice of food, lots of new dishes and love the link to the GURKA's!!
Very courteous when taking the order and offered to make suggestions, food arrived not only within the given time but big portions sealed plastic boxes and so very delicious. Not had that standard of curry in Lincoln before - we won't be going anywhere else from now on!
Keep up the good work.

3  Thank Bev S

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I ordered a meal for me and my freinds on a wensday night consisting of there lamb chops 3 lots or rice a rogan and a masala and a lkk!!! with naan and it was gorgous. The lamb chops fell apart not that chewy rubbish the rice and naan was perfect and not underdone floppy rubber. But the currys was the best ive had this side of brick lane. It was with me in 40 minutes and i loved the way it came in a fancy bag and all the containers machine sealed and printer labelled. Very well presented. A week later i popped into there shop to collect on a saturday, there open kitchen was really intresting as ive never seen indian food being cooked before it was nice and clean and had some really chilling music to listen to. I wasnt surprised to read other peoples review about food being late i think i heard about 20 or more orders being taken in the 15 minutes i was sat there.
This is now ony speed dial

1  Thank Lincscouple
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Placed the order for my takeaway at 6:30 and was told it would be 1:15 mins. After 2hrs I phoned to them to find out where my take away was. I was told the delivery driver was on route. After 2:30hrs I rang them again to tell them to cancel the order. They said I could have the order for free as the driver was on his way. 15mins later I had a phone call from the driver saying he was just leaving the shop.

I got the food for nothing but it was stone cold!

I was lied to 3 times by the this takeaway once how long it would take and twice where the driver was.

Absolutely appalling service, I will never use them again!

Back to the Castlegate.

2  Thank Frazer M
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I love a good curry, but the food here exceeded that. Easily the best food of that type in Lincoln. At times it can feel that they are getting snowed under by their growing popularity, but I hope they cope.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We ordered a take-away from here after reading the amazing reviews on TA.
Once the order was taken, we were told delivery would be one & a half to two hours!, so we decided to go & collect it instead.

The premises are nice & clean, with a good view of the open kitchen behind. The staff were very friendly & soon handed over my order.

Once we got home, we realised we had been given a lamb dish instead of the chicken dish that we had ordered (& was on the bill). The food was well packaged & very hot, it was all very nice but nothing had the wow factor that we were expecting.

For the price we paid I had expected a higher quality, so next time I fancy going Indian I'll probably stick closer to home for a take-away.

1  Thank Dirk L