“Outstanding”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My partner and I visited here on 12/6/13 and I can honestly say that this was was the best all round experience in an Indian restaurant I have ever had. From the welcome to the decor to the service and the quality of the the food. I could not find fault. We were served by Naz who was polite, helpful and did his job to a great standard.
The price was very reasonable and worth every penny.
The up shot is, if you are in Lincoln you must go.
On my return to Lincoln it will be my first port of call.

1  Thank Gustavo52

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We like to try places all arround lincoln but always come back here for the best indian food and great service.
The main thing i like is that they are always happy to modify you dish, if you want a madras that little bit hotter then fine or if you want this one with abit more sauce then it's np.
Great place n great staff.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Have been going to The Modern for many years and have never been let down, the food is fantastic and the service is second to none. Went for my birthday last week - was amazing. Brilliantly priced and good portion sizes!!! Don't just sit there - go now!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The great thing about this restaurant is that it is trying to innovate. We have been twice so far. and intend to visit again soon. I have never before had such interesting chutneys with starters. The shashlik is finger-licking good, and the nan bread cooked to perfection, Serving raita with a biriani was, for me, a bit disappointing - but that's progress. This restaurant deserves to succeed if it keeps on inventing things!

1  Thank Ohnonothim
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Fantasic meal at the Modern, really nice atmosphere, staff are friendly, polite and approachable.
The food is amazing, compliments to the chef!
We try and visit the Modern at least once a month as feel the price is reasonable and the food is brilliant!