“Wow such a great place !!!!”
Review of Lincoln Yurts

Lincoln Yurts
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here early July and it was booked as a surprise for me so we could also visit the raf waddington airshow ( about 10 miles )
And wow what a surprise !!!!!!!!!
Darren and Katherine had a great idea with this place and its one of the most tranquil and beautiful places we have ever stayed.
Each yurt is beautiful and comfortable in its own individual way and these guys will always offer you a very warm, sincere and genuine welcome.
The english breakfast is plenty full and highly recommended !!!!!
We picked a great weekend for the weather and made full use of the BBQ, jacuzzi bath and litterally spent all our nights on the outside decking talking and just relaxing. We really so wish we could give this place a higher rating than what we can !!
It's ideal for some time just to relax, chill, visit lincoln or like we did see the RAF airshow.
Cant wait to return here and literally just enjoy this place and feel looked after.
Great job well done!!!!
Can't wait to come back very soon !!!!!!!!
Don't change anything at all.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our beautiful yurt- The Mongolian was very clean, comfortable and very peaceful. Everything you needed is supplied; wood for the burner, a bbq and a fridge/freezer in the shower/jacuzzi and kitchen block very close by. Even if something was needed Darren and Kath would make sure you had it as they were super attentive and couldn't do enough to help. Darren gives a very easy to understand tour and explanation of the how/what/wheres etc on arrival and he was always a phone call away. I dislike camping as I like my home comforts way too much, but this was way more homely than I could've imagined.

As we were the only ones there we got a little tour of each yurt before other guests arrived and we cannot wait to stay in each one. Each is decorated which such detail and are very unique. They're spacious, warm and cosy so long as you do keep the wood burning (of which plenty is supplied) when it's cold and the bed was amazingly soft.

The kitchen, shower, jacuzzi and toilet block were extremely clean, so sad we had to cut our trip early due to sudden work commitment otherwise the jacuzzi would have a review all of it's own it looked that lovely.

Once you have supplies you really never need to leave the field as they have thought everything like a kettle, coffee, and even a milk flask for you to fill up in the kitchen block so theres no need to keep walking back and forth to the fridge. There are shops a short drive away, the local co-op was handy, though all local info is supplied in a lovingly hand made book by Kath. The English breakfast we ordered from the menu was lovely, alot of effort was made all round and attention to detail is amazing.

This is definitely something you should try once, though, as other reviews will tell you you will find it very difficult not to return again and again like we intend to

Room Tip: Mongolian yurt had the comfiest bed I've ever slept in
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I took my husband to Lincoln Yurts as a surprise to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We truly couldn't have picked anywhere more perfect to celebrate.

We were met on arrival by Darren who is genuinely such a lovely person and immediately puts you at ease (which for a non camper like myself was fantastic). Darren walked us over to the Oriental Yurt which was simply stunning. We picked this Yurt as it was reminiscent of our honeymoon in Asia, but more importantly had electricity so I could pack my hairdryer and straighteners :) (The Mongolian Yurt also has electricity)

All lit by candlelight with a kingsized circular bed placed perfectly under the skylight so you can stare up at the stars from bed, a wood burning stove in the corner and key pieces of oriental furniture placed around the yurt. The bed was better than I've slept in in most hotels and we have stayed in some truly beautiful hotels. We both slept like babies for the whole weekend as the yurt was so dark and the countryside so peaceful. The yurt is set on an individual decked area with a table and chairs and a wood burner looking out across the fields. Although there are four other yurts at the farm, the positioning of them and the direction they are facing truly gives you a sense of being totally alone.

The one area I was a little apprehensive about was the shower / toilet facilities but I definitely need not have worried. They were a 30 second walk from the Oriental Yurt which is the closest to the amenities and comprised of a kitchen area with a large fridge freezer (perfect for storing drinks / BBQ food), a shower room, couple of toilets and a beautiful jacuzzi bath which can be booked out for 90 minute slots. All these facilities were absolutely spotless throughout the whole weekend

We were lucky enough for the sun to be out most of the time we were there and being able to sit outside, looking over the beautiful Lincolnshire countryside whilst having a drink and a natter was perfect. We were also treated to the Red Arrows having a practice fly by on the Friday night – wow! Katherine then dropped by to introduce herself and like Darren was an incredible host and you felt like you had known them both for ages. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

There is an option to have breakfast provided and I would urge everyone to have this at least once – we were so full after it that we didn't eat again until dinner!

We opted to eat out in the evenings and took a stroll down to The Farmers restaurant. Katherine and Darren kindly offered to drop us off and pick us up but it was a really beautiful walk and only about 15 mins from the Yurts.

Darren and Katherine truly have created something really magical here and you can tell how passionate they are about Lincoln Yurts and the experience they create for people. I wish them both every success with their venture but doubt they will need it as they have got everything spot on!

Room Tip: Oriental Yurt has electricity and is closest to toilet / shower block
1  Thank suzannet38
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in some amazing places all over the world, I can honestly say this place relaxed me better than any other I've been too! Darren and Kath...amazingly funny hosts, great people, felt like I'd known them years! I hate camping, but get so tired of stuffy hotels. This place was perfect, simple, classy, and perfect for pure relaxation

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 23, 2013

What a fantastic and unique experience. I booked this as a surprise for my girlfriends birthday and from the start Darren and Katherine were amazing and so so helpful. The Balinese yurt which we stayed in was just perfect and Darren had kindly made it ready with candles and champagne. The site is so well run and you are made to feel really comfortable and at ease, the Jacuzzi is also amazing and a really nice touch. Although it was our first time and obviously a little unknown to the whole 'glamping experience' there was no need to be, the yurt was better than a lot of hotels we've stayed in and the bed was to die for and we have both never slept so well!!! A massive thank you to Darren and Katherine who made this a weekend to remember and without them it would not have been the same, we left feeling we made two new friends. I cannot say enough good things about this place, especially the abundance of top class cups and mugs in the yurt ;-)

Many thank Lincoln yurts and hope to see you again soon

Gary and Sarah

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is camping/glamping at it's best!
The perfect setting.
Incredible owners.
Impeccable quality.
Spectacular facilities.
Impressive imaginations.
Loveable pets.
One amazing night of fun!
Wish we could of stayed longer, maybe next time ;-)

No more needs to be said, the rating speaks for itself.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Myself and my wife wanted to do something a little different for our second wedding anniversary.
After trawling the internet for ideas my wife came across Lincoln Yurts, I was a little apperceive at first after a terrible experience “Glamping” in a shepherds hut.
I need not have worried! From the second we arrived at the site we had the most wonderful time. We where met on arrival by Darren who is a very pleasant chap and helped us to the Yurt with our bags. We stayed in the Mongolian Yurt and all I can say is wow. You get a real feeling of being in an exotic location while in the Yurt.
Darren showed us around our Yurt and all the basics and told us if we needed anything at all just to give him a shout and you got a sense of geniality in his words not like some places you stay.
Katherine then came and introduced herself what a lovely woman as no one else was on the site she let us look around the other 4 Yurts and each one is very individual but furnished and cleaned to the same high standard as the next one.
There is a toilet and shower block a minute walk from the Yurts Katherine keeps this sparkling and you actually feel clean after using the facilities unlike a lot of camp sites. There is a Jacuzzi bathtub which is a delight with a glass of bubbly please take a tip and run in plenty of cold as the hot water is above boiling point.
Me and wife sat outside our Yurt till late with the camp fire burning a glass or two of whiskey and chatting under the stars what a nice way to spend a evening faultless.
Inside the Yurt there is a log burner as we stayed in June the weather was fine but decided to light it (Darren will light this for you if you have trouble) around an hour before going to bed just to warm the Yurt up. We underestimated just how much heat these little fires generate wow it was hot in there. In winter months a bet these Yurts are very cosy spaces but we ended up opening our door it got so warm.
The bed was amazing with big fluffy pillows and fresh smelling bedding we slept like a couple of tots.
We highly recommend this place even if you have never camped before we would put money on you enjoying this experience.
Darren and Katherine have quite obviously put a lot of time and effort in to getting this place just right and they are succeeding well done guys we will defiantly be returning fantastic experience