Lincoln Yurts
  • Breakfast included
Hillcrest(Lincoln)
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
Advocate Arms Hotel(Market Rasen)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsfrench yurtfire pitmongolian yurtwood burnerthemed yurtred arrowscamping experiencetoasting marshmallowslarge fridge freezerdressing tablesdelivered piping hotshower blocknothing is too much troublefantastic hostsown bathroomfairy lightsamazing weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I booked the Oriental and Mongolian yurts for Februrary half term. My husband and I stayed in one and my son, his wife and two children in the other. Darren met us upon arrival and immediately couldn't do enough for us. He carried our heavy suitcase as he directed us to our yurts . Breathtaking was the only way to discribe it - log burner crackling away, an array of candles flickering and a bed to die for - and that's just inside the yurt!! Outside the views are tranquil, green and spacious. Our 18 month old grandson could run around to his heart's content as there are only 5 yurts spaciously placed so he was safe and could be seen all time.
Katherine and Darren delivered breakfast each morning. It is huge! After the first morning we decided to share one between two. Katherine and Darren also delivered wood with a smile, tea,coffee and milk with a smile, gas canisters with a smile, and anything else you wanted always with a smile, Nothing was ever too much trouble, I heard they even ferried one lot of holiday makers around all week because they hadn't got a car! The campsite is on a working farm and each morning my grandsons fed carrots to the horses and bread to the ducks, my eldest grandson even had horse riding lessons.The cabin houses the toilets, shower, jaccuzzibath, fridge-freezer and washing up sinks - very clean and well maintained.Outside of each yurt was a fire basket with chopped logs and a bbq which we made use of, yes we sat outside in February with a fire and bbq! We visited Skegness and Lincoln during our stay, two very different but lovely places to see. Alas our time had come to leave which was hard to do. Can't wait to go back, will try the summer next time. Good luck to Katherine and Darren they are two of the kindest, rarest people you will ever meet!

Room Tip: Oriental and Mongolian have electricity
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I booked to stay at Lincoln Yurts for my fiance's bday and it was much more than we ever expected it to be! We were welcomed by Darren and showed to our beautiful, unique yurt which had been lit with candles and a warm fire. The view was breathtaking and the whole enviroment was relaxing and tranquil.
On the Saturday we had booked a falconry session with Derik which was superb! My fiance loves birds and he was able to hold and fly an assortment of different birds for 2 hours! Derek was wonderful and the experience was GREAT!

The breakfast at the Yurts was amazing! I could not believe how they were brought to your yurt still boiling hot and with all the extras - toast, ketchup and beans!

Darren and Kath are amazing and were born for this! They are amazing hosts and by the time you leave you feel like you have known them forever. No task is too much and they are always on hand for whatever you need.

After our two days i did not want to leave - i had to drag my fiance away from the yurt and he is already sizing up our garden to see if we can fit in a yurt! We will definatly be going back!

Thanks for a great time guys!

Sarah and Kris from the Balinese Yurt!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Booked a two day break for valentines greeted with a beautiful luxurious candle lit yurt! Darren and Katherine could not do enough for us everything from chopping wood for our outdoor camp fire to cleaning and preparing the jacuzzi! Breakfast (10/10) was delivered to our door both mornings.. This animal friendly farm is a warm hearted getaway that I would reccomend to anyone! Could not of asked for more! Can't wait for our next visit! Anyone looking for all the joys of camping with 5 star comfort should try lincoln yurts!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My partner and I stayed in the French themed yurt for two nights this February and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay from beginning to end.

The yurts are very well maintained and the log burner (which they have in each yurt) made our February stay toasty and cosy. The French yurt is beautiful and when we arrived the log burner was on in full swing, with candles lit inside, really romantic to walk into. All of the yurts have their own quirks and there are things like torches, games, extra candles, bags of logs, gas stove, kettle, tea, coffee etc in every yurt. Darren and Catherine who run the yurts were lovely and nothing was any hassle to them. The cooked breakfasts were tasty, well priced and they will deliver to your yurt pretty much whatever you want, and at an agreed time. We had a BBQ with friends who we knew and were also staying there on the first night, and we then had a great meal at The Farmers' Pub (which is just down the road) on our second night. The pub food was also lovely and the pub is dog friendly, which was great given that we took our dog with us on this trip.

The jacuzzi was great and the building that houses the kitchen, shower and toilets was well kept. I am not a person that camps, so this was great for me as it gives you the outdoors experience with comforts such as a four poster bed, log burner and breakfast cooked for you (if you want it that is). Location is great too and it is just a short drive away from Lincoln centre if you wanted to have a shop/look about. I think we will return in the summer to experience more of the outdoor activities on offer close by, such as clay pigeon shooting etc.

All in all a great couple of days and a fab experience.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Being big fans of camping I thought I'd surprise my boyfriend with an upmarket 'glamping' trip to the French Yurt at Lincoln Yurts...we were not disappointed! Katherine and Darren made us feel extremely welcome and even gave us a guided tour of all the other available yurts though I have to say I was very glad I had chosen the French one as it was romantic, classically decorated and the bed was AMAZING! When Darren opened the door to show us inside the effect of the candles and the log-burner against the decor was beautiful and it was super-cosy! In the morning the biggest veggie cooked breakfast I have ever seen was delivered to our door- it was delicious. We made full use of the jaccuzzi, chatted with our wonderful hosts and the pub down the road offered great food and excellent service. Katherine and Darren couldn't do enough for us including a lift to and from the railway station- they went out of their way to ensure we had a great time...we would really recommend this to anyone - it was fantastic!