“Great food great price”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Went with a group of friends . The man who looked after us picked all the food for us and it was brought out bit by bit. It was all lovely and a good choice. Will be going back and trying some more. Thanks was a great night.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Ate at this restaurant last night. From the outside the restaurant does not look very inviting and this impression is not improved as you walk up the stairs. But the food is excellent and great value for money. If you enjoy Tapas, I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank David_brackley
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I ate here with friends a few weeks ago I must say my first impression of the restaurant was very good. I particularly loved seeing the internal signs in Spanish as well as English. Nice touch. It did feel a little odd having an authentic looking place with no employee looking Spanish in the slightest. Maybe it was just because I've been to Barcelona and Madrid recently, but if you could imagine going in to an Indian restuarant without an Indian chef or waiter, it felt a little odd, but it's the food that is the most important thing, so I would never mark a company down for that.

The owner came to take our order and he was a lovely bloke and very enthusiastic and said we should order 2 or 3 dishes each, but 3 dishes would definitely be enough. We were a party of two men and two women and ordered 11 dishes between us, but even for Tapas, we found them on the small side, so needed to order 4 more dishes after we had finished the first batch.

Having eaten Tapas at another restaurant in Lincoln, my wife and I found the portions tastier and considerably larger there than here. There were a couple of oddities as well with the food, for example one the most common dishes, Patatas Bravas (cubed potatoes in a spicy tomato sauce) were served as plain potatoes with a side dish of the sauce. When I asked why it was separate, our server said we used to serve the sauce on the potatoes but we quite a lot of feedback saying it was way too spicy, so it works better to dip your potatoes in it. This does beg the question, why not just reduce the amount of chilli powder in your sauce? Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the dish, but the sauce is incredibly hot and absolutely nothing like the many Patatas Bravas I have eatan in Spain.

I don't want to dwell on the negatives, but I do think there is good room for improvement. We did however enjoy most the meal and had a good evening, the waiter gave great service, it is decent value and it is wonderfully located, so a 4/5 for me.

3  Thank RiskyRich
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I have to say since discovering Lincoln Tapas a few months ago we have become regulars. My daughter who is 4 absolutely loves the meatballs (albondingas). We visited in October at the request of my son who chose this restaurant, as somewhere to celebrate his 10th birthday, over all of the others in Lincoln - including that well known burger place. My children are by no means picky eaters but when given a choice they will both choose Lincoln Tapas. The food is always freshly cooked and of superb quality. Service is always good and time is taken to explain what each dish contains which is important when there are dietary needs to be taken into consideration. The entrance could be overlooked on a busy high street but if you do then you will be missing a treat. All in all if you are looking for great Spanish food with friendly service then look no further.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Great Greeting, Informative staff and GREAT FOOD. All served quickly. A real all round experience. We will be going again. If you haven't been to a Tapas restaurant come here you wil not be disappointed and the staff will be able to guide you through the dishes etc. Wine great tool