“If Carlsberg made puddings...”
Review of The Farmers

The Farmers
Ranked #119 of 463 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set in the beautiful Lincolnshire Countryside just 7 miles from Lincoln. The Farmer's offer excellent dining in an intimate setting. Selling locally sourced organic Lincolnshire produce, our menu consists mainly of traditional British recipes.
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I chose to bring my husband to this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary, based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. I was particular impressed with the manager's responses to the few negative reviews - they obviously care what their customers say, and take time to address any issues.
The smoked salmon starter was delicious, with just the right amount of accompaniment. The starter is always my favourite course, and although I usually find mains to be too filling, the duck with orange sauce was perfectly proportioned. There were plenty of roast potatoes available for someone with a bigger appetite, but I was satisfied without being over-faced, which was refreshing. The vegetables were prepared in an original and delicious way - I particularly enjoyed the glazed carrots.
Having had a starter and a main, I wouldn't normally bother with a dessert as well, but I was tempted by the chocolate mousse with raspberry sorbet, a combination of two foods I can't resist. I'm so glad I was! Both the mousse and the sorbet were so light, I didn't feel too full after eating them, but the tastes were incredible. I can honestly say I've never had a better dessert anywhere, ever.

1  Thank aphid529f

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife Karen and I took the opportunity to visit The Farmers using a Groupon deal providing a 5 course taster meal.
The day we arrived there had been a road traffic accident close by on the A46, which prevented a food delivery reaching the restraunt hence creating a menu change. Upon hearing this news I was initially sceptical on what we would receive but those doubts soon disappeared with the wonderful food served by Ian and team from the kitchen and front of house.
A family run eatery with a great team who also found time to talk and engage prior to us departing.

Good luck with the next phase opening up your tea room and rest assured we will call in again soon as we anticipate the home made cakes to be just as good as our taster session was. Well worth the drive.

2  Thank Trevor M
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Great food, presented beautifully and cooked to perfection.
If only I lived closer this would become a regular occurance.
Steak and ale pie is a winner!

2  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We were wanting a good evening with family and friends so used Trip Advisor to choose a restaurant. Well we were not disappointed, the food was amazing, and the price was very reasonable. There were 8 of us including 2 children and we were all made to feel very welcome. We would HIGHLY recommend The Farmers, and I personally would urge you to have the chocolate brownies for desert. They are the best brownies I have ever tasted, period!!!

1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I went here with my wife at the weekend. What a lovely surprise. The staff were friendly and attentive. The ambience of the place is relaxed but has a real good feel about it. The menu was varied and did not bombard you with too much choice. Perhaps the most pleasant surprise though was the food. Superb is not over dramatic. My wife had smoked haddock and I had slow cooked beef. Both were adventurous with their flavours without being pretentious. If you are looking for somewhere that gives you that something special then give this a try. Even my wife was impressed and she is a manager in this industry so is not easily impressed.

1  Thank Iron0109