“So much potential.”

Lincolnshire Poacher
Ranked #377 of 526 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An old Farmhouse that the main part of the building dates back to 1817. Open from 11am daily with food being served from 11.30. Large restaurant area with space for large parties of up to 50 people able to sit in the same section. Fantastic outdoor seating area with fairy lighting and outdoor log burner for those cool evenings.
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We have visited on a couple of visits now and it is really frustrating to see a pub with so much potential let itself down. It is in a perfect location to have a roaring trade with a mass of homes surrounding it making it within walking distance for many who choose to have a drink or pop in for an evening meal. However the food is poor and appears as though it has just been dropped on the plate. Taste wise it is very average and nothing to write home about. The pub has no atmosphere and appears as though it needs a good scrub down. Outside is lovely though and the only good point.

1  Thank vwqueen

Reviewed September 12, 2013

If you like cold greasy flavourless food slopped onto a plate then this place is a must for you, if you enjoy the antics of out of control kids running amok and screaming when you are trying to hold a conversation then book now. However if none of the above are really your cup of tea then carry on driving and check out other local reviews

2  Thank AlanDavison59
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Went for an evening drink and meal with a few friends. I had the minted lamb chops but couldn't really taste the mint. My friend had the gammon - it looked ok but that's all I can say. Beer garden very nice albeit quite noisy,

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Visited for a Sunday breakfast buffet with the family. The whole experience was just awful, upon entering the young lady 'pottering about 'never greeted us at all. We sat down still waiting for the lady to come over and do the spiel, no nothing! Eventually I got up I went over to her and said "excuse me could you tell me how the breakfast buffet works? "her reply was "you pay at the bar and give your ticket over then its one plate and one visit per person. "The family and I looked at each other "hmm one plate one visit? not much of a buffet "was all of our thinking. Against my better judgement and with a very hungry teenage boy we agreed,hey its only £3.99 each!!Big mistake ,Huge! The server came out and asked us if we wanted 1,2 bacon,sausage,hash brown and what kind of egg he then told us to help ourselves to beans/tomatoes/toast. My husband and I ordered a cappuccino and our son ask for apple juice (they don't serve it!)the drinks were machine based and awful. The breakfast was so much worse, fatty bacon, cheap favourless sausage, cold beans, deep fried and greasy hash browns, and only white bread for toast. The thing that got us most, after (going to the states lots) or just understanding the definition of the term 'buffet '.being served your food and being allowed one plate, one visit, is not what we understand to be a buffet. I know some of you who read this will think "its £3.99,what do you expect?" our answer would be a buffet, and decent food look to the states or even Toby Carvery for an example on how to do a cheap tasty buffet breakfast.
This was to be our first and hopefully many visit to Lincolnshire Poacher however now we will never return.

1  Thank Sharonlouise12
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Ringwood beer and Pedigree. Ringwood good. Staff friendly. Good menu including 2 course of Lite Bite and starter or dessert for £4.75 (could be £4.65 can't remember). My Lite Bite plaice was very good and my husband's cod looked wonderful.

1  Thank Marian J