“Ok”

Lincolnshire Poacher
Ranked #384 of 531 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An old Farmhouse that the main part of the building dates back to 1817. Open from 11am daily with food being served from 11.30. Large restaurant area with space for large parties of up to 50 people able to sit in the same section. Fantastic outdoor seating area with fairy lighting and outdoor log burner for those cool evenings.
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Went for an evening drink and meal with a few friends. I had the minted lamb chops but couldn't really taste the mint. My friend had the gammon - it looked ok but that's all I can say. Beer garden very nice albeit quite noisy,

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Visited for a Sunday breakfast buffet with the family. The whole experience was just awful, upon entering the young lady 'pottering about 'never greeted us at all. We sat down still waiting for the lady to come over and do the spiel, no nothing! Eventually I got up I went over to her and said "excuse me could you tell me how the breakfast buffet works? "her reply was "you pay at the bar and give your ticket over then its one plate and one visit per person. "The family and I looked at each other "hmm one plate one visit? not much of a buffet "was all of our thinking. Against my better judgement and with a very hungry teenage boy we agreed,hey its only £3.99 each!!Big mistake ,Huge! The server came out and asked us if we wanted 1,2 bacon,sausage,hash brown and what kind of egg he then told us to help ourselves to beans/tomatoes/toast. My husband and I ordered a cappuccino and our son ask for apple juice (they don't serve it!)the drinks were machine based and awful. The breakfast was so much worse, fatty bacon, cheap favourless sausage, cold beans, deep fried and greasy hash browns, and only white bread for toast. The thing that got us most, after (going to the states lots) or just understanding the definition of the term 'buffet '.being served your food and being allowed one plate, one visit, is not what we understand to be a buffet. I know some of you who read this will think "its £3.99,what do you expect?" our answer would be a buffet, and decent food look to the states or even Toby Carvery for an example on how to do a cheap tasty buffet breakfast.
This was to be our first and hopefully many visit to Lincolnshire Poacher however now we will never return.

1  Thank Sharonlouise12
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Ringwood beer and Pedigree. Ringwood good. Staff friendly. Good menu including 2 course of Lite Bite and starter or dessert for £4.75 (could be £4.65 can't remember). My Lite Bite plaice was very good and my husband's cod looked wonderful.

1  Thank Marian J
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Booked a table for Sunday Lunch for three people-one party member ordered the carvery and had to queue for 20 mins. One member ordered 'chichen and crispy bacon salad' and the other member ordered Tuna Melt with curly fries. The meals took well over 35 mins to arrive ( the carvery order had already queued for 20 and eaten their meal) - the chicken salad was a lump of dry chicken on top of limp lettuce, cucumber and tomato-the bacon was not crispy and the portion mustard dressing was not enough to dress the salad. The tuna melt was soggy and the fries were overlooked with blackened bits from the fryer. Both meals inedible. Carvery was good but queuing times way too long. All in all a disappointing experience.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Gone down hill by far, the interior is nearly as miserable as the staff. The food was cold and cheap not of any quality or substance. Would not recommend

2  Thank RyanWhelan