“good food”

Lincolnshire Poacher
Ranked #327 of 448 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An old Farmhouse that the main part of the building dates back to 1817. Open from 11am daily with food being served from 11.30. Large restaurant area with space for large parties of up to 50 people able to sit in the same section. Fantastic outdoor seating area with fairy lighting and outdoor log burner for those cool evenings.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“good food”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

nice place to both stay and eat, stayed here a few times in the past, nice rooms , clean and helpful staff. the food is good but sometimes slow, have waited over an hour to be served first course even when not busy, but nice atmosphere, good for kids.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Alank55

lincoln
“just a day out with my son.....”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We went here last week after i took my 8yr old swimming. All the outside area has been done up and now have good seating area and loads of chairs and an area for kids to play with games. Always liked the poacher but this added bit for kids a master stroke.... Taking my father their on sunday for fathers day... beer is always good there...

1 Thank thebigcahuna
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“I wanted to rate this LESS than one star”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Ate here today after our favourite restaurant was too full. Bar staff are incompetent and snapped at us, though thankfully our waitress was acceptable. Workers in outside clothes were meandering around behind the carvery and entering the kitchen, no one was wearing an apron... at this point I was questioning the standard of hygiene amongst the chefs especially if handling food without whites or an apron is acceptable, let alone outside clothes amongst our food.
Specials board is vague with no information, my partner ordered 'Chicken and Ribs' assuming Chicken actually meant 'Chicken' and not processed, deep fried and battered pieces. Ribs looked disgusting. Potted salmon was horrific, garnish was browning. My sirloin looked more like a rump and my friend's burger bun was burnt.
I do have a lot more to say about this place, however my food is disagreeing with me so much I must go sit on the toilet for another half hour!!!
All in all, never again.

1 Thank KayaKuru
Lincoln UK
“Worst meal had in a long time.”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Had been in to this pub a few times for a drink and only once before for a meal. After today's experience I shall never be stepping foot in this place again.

The starter - Potted Salmon - was still frozen when it came out. I tried to look past this and removed the fatty topping. What I found underneath was a very fishy smelling mush that tasted smoked, which is not as it was advertised on the menu. Another diner who was with me had Nachos and it seemed that they just wanted to finish the end of a bag as it was mainly small crushed pieces. Presentation was awful.

The main course - Burger - the burger itself wasn't bad. I paid an extra 50p for what seemed like 4 small strings of cheese. Onion rings were floppy and undercooked. We also ordered a ribs and chicken. Presentation was again, disgusting. The food had obviously been thrown on the plate and ribs were obviously microwaved. The steak that was served was supposed to be a Sirloin but resembled a Rump. It wasn't badly cooked but the quality of the steak was poor.

All in all, a very poor meal. The bar staff were rude and incompetent. The chefs that were working on the carvery, were not wearing the correct uniform e.g. no hat and in some cases, no chef whites.

The food may be fairly cheap, but I still believe presentation and hygiene should be at the forefront of any establishment.

3 Thank Zara T
Rotherham
“Tasty pub food”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Family pub, spacious, tasty food at value prices. Can only rate it as average but no complaints.

Visited May 2012