“A disastrous birthday meal”
Review of The Swan Holme

The Swan Holme
Ranked #94 of 464 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Swan Holme in Lincoln is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We booked for my daughter's birthday lunch at the Swan Holme thinking that by 2pm the lunchtime rush would be over and we could enjoy a leisurely meal. Wrong! On Sunday the service was extremely slow, (I waited half an hour for the first drinks to be brought to the table), the starters arrived after another half hour, but after that nothing until I managed to find a waitress and ask why we were not being served. The roast dinners were delayed by over an hour and when they arrived were either tepid or cold,(we had to send the roast chicken dinner back because it was too cold to eat), vegetables were either overcooked or uncooked and by the time we had managed to obtain our main courses and eat what we could of them we had spent over three (3) hours in there. That was not leisurely, just slovenly service. They offered us free drinks but we already had wine and drinks and just wanted food. The waiting staff blamed the kitchen staff but they had also been hard to catch to ask why we were being ignored. Other couples came in, ate their meals and left while we tried to be noticed. I am saddened by the decline in standards of what used to be a great place to eat. Will not be going back unless there is a major change in their service neither will I be recommending it. Also, I am out of pocket as I feel I have to fund another meal for my daughter to make up for the disappointing meal.

2  Thank arnab_54
Sam E, Manager at The Swan Holme, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback from your recent visit. I am concerned by the issues that you have raised and would like the opportunity to discuss these further.

Please contact me on 01522 509859

Kind regards,

Sam

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our visit to the Swanholme was ok !! and thats about it ,nothing special .Table was adequate but sticky not just needed wiping veneer worn off!!
Greeted and seated nicely and drinks order came quickly. Food order followed and it came not slowly.
The food was very ordinary chips warm not hot .I ahd a pie and at £10.95 could have done with more on my plate .Similar small complaint for the rest of the table .
Price was ok but slight overpriced for what we recieved.
All in all a very average meal in a reasonably nice place .

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Been for lunch today and chose scampi off the lunchtime menu for £6.50 it was frozen chips supermarket scampi and a few taste less garden peas, how can they justify charging this for such rubbish, also 1small diet Pepsi and soda n lime £3.50 won't be going again no matter how nice it is sitting outside looking over the lake.

1  Thank poucherlincoln
Sam E, General Manager at The Swan Holme, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to the SwanHolme.

May i apologise for the issues that you have raised.

I would like to discuss this further. Please feel free to contact me on 01522 509859

Kind Regards

Sam (Manager)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Sadly this place confirmed why I now like living in France! We went for something to eat after a long drive over with our 16 month old son, we were met by a very nice young waitress who was kindly showing us through the dinning room to a table when, who I can only assume was the mature senior waitress on seeing our child rudely and very publicly redirected us to the other side of the building which at that point was empty. However, this area was soon to be taken over by the local quiz teams with questions and answers coming from everywhere and not exactly the makings of a quiet meal. I appreciate that not all children know how to behave in public but mine DOES and does not deserve to be treated like a leper! My husband works for a large company based nearby and will certainly not be placing and recommendations their way!

Sam E, General Manager at The Swan Holme, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Dawn,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. Feedback in any form is much appreciated and allows us to make changes to suit our guests needs.

I apologise that on this occasion we have come some way short of the high standards that we set ourselves.

I would very much like to discuss this further.

Please feel free to contact me on 01522 509859.

Many Thanks

Sam (Manager)

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Being a member of the gourmet club gave us 25% off food and drink at this restaurant chain!

We found the swanholme through the gourmet website and what a treat it was. We were served by a very friendly young girl who went out her way to ensure we were well looked after. Food was good and came out in a timely fashion.

What we liked most was the atmosphere, kid free, a little background music, quite the perfect evening