“Horrible.Will NOT GO ever again,Despite the FREE vouchers.”
Review of Crown & Arrows

Crown & Arrows
Ranked #332 of 447 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Horrible.Will NOT GO ever again,Despite the FREE vouchers.”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I went for lunch on 5th November.Both of us had soup for starters.Just warm enough.Roll was obviously heated in microwave and was very very gooey.Wife ordered the Chicken Tikka Massala Kebab and I the Gammon for mains.Both meals when they came came arrived on COLD PLATES.You do NOT serve hot food on COLD plates,especially PEAS.The kebab was cold as were my peas and my plate was swimming in oil/food juice.My gammon looked like it had been only cooked on ONE side and was rapidly losing heat and me my appetite.My wife returned her food to the bar for it to be relaced,NOT RE HEATED.It was replaced eventually but by the time it was returned my food had lost it's heat and my appetite had gone.My wife's kebab had about 5/6 pieces of chicken in it but was not very appetising and the remainder of the meal left unfinished.
The young lady waitress noticed we had left most of our meals on our plates and enquired as to why.We told her why !!!!!!. She apologised and asked us if we required anything further.We declined and left the premises.
I have written letters of complaint to the C and A Manager AND Greene King Customer Services.
I have received a telephone call from the lady pub manager offering an apology(I think it was meant to be an apology) and a free voucher towards my next visit.But I have not received anything in writing (other than the voucher) from her as to why my meals were atrocious and what remedial action she is/has taken.I WILL NOT BE USING THE FREE VOUCHERS.
I have not had any response from Greene King Customer Services and they received my letter on the 9th November.I would appear to take 7/10 WORKING DAYS for them to respond.What a way to run a business that needs paying customers to survive.
We went to the crown and Arrows hoping to have and enjoyable meal.What we got was absolute rubbish,disgracefully presented and my wife was 'ill' later when we got home.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Richard C

Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“going downhill”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Started out very good when pub opened, but then began to slip. Staff watched us enter the pub with 2 children about 8.30pm. We'd just moved house and were desperate for a quick meal. It was only after ordering the drinks we were informed children have to leave after 9pm. Group of yobs smoking in the doorway and pub stunk of smoke. Cant see us going back anytime soon. Food is OK though for the price.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank roaduser
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Never again!!!!!!!!! ”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We've been here a few times now cheap and cheerful......no it's gone downhill quick!! We got a table just outside the actual kitchen!!! As they were in and out of the kitchen I caught sight of the state of the place rubbish all over the kitchen floor also saw a member of staff shoving it under the table by there foot!!!!! We ordered our food in which they had to change mine 2 times as they had run out of what I wanted!! When the food came it was cold and under cooked!! It seems that just the simple basic hygiene matters have gone out of the window the knifes and forks were dirty which we had to wipe our selfs!! We will NEVER go back again!!! Re train the staff!!!

2 Thank Debbilton
“Cheap and generous so don't expect too much!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I come to the C and A approximately twice a month and its always a whacky experience in some form or another. This busy Friday night was no exception.
It's a busy place and the serving staff do amazingly well considering the number of people they have to deal with. Tonight the bar staff took fifty orders in thirty minutes so there was going to be delays, unfortunately nobody told the diners!
After waiting forty minutes i enquired as to how long I would have to wait and was told ten minutes. Twenty minutes later the food arrived as the restaurant started to empty !
My partner was not amused especially as her food was poorly presented and her rump steak burnt on the outside and unrested, hence rare and bleeding profusely on the inside. The meal lacked coleslaw which was quickly rectified but unfortunately arrived in a dirty bowl. She complained!!!!!
Fortunately we were served by the new manager who had just taken over and he was quick to explain why the evening had been quite so chaotic.
He also has to be praised because he was quick to diffuse the situation and handled the complaint as other restauranteurs should by not only offering the meal on the house but also my own and our drinks.
We now understood his problems and his generous offer has kept out custom, it was just one of those nights.
However,I have to admit my serloin was spot on!
The food generally comes in generous portions and the fish is terrific, the restaurant is always busy and yes, things do sometimes go wrong, so we'll be back and thank you Stuart for saving the evening.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Clinteastwoodsbro
“You get what you pay for-just”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We called in on the way home after a family trip out, thought it would be better than the obligatory McDonald's but wish we had gone there instead. Not expensive but left a lot to be desired, dirty crockery doesn't help please check your plates are clean before serving food on them.

• Visited August 2013