2,286 results
All reviews electric bar double tree warm cookies car park fifth floor the marco pierre white restaurant rooftop bar chocolate cookies lucy tower king room brayford pool overlooking the marina modern hotel brayford wharf water front excellent hotel multi storey
Selected filters
Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

Just finished afternoon tea that had been bought for me my a family member. Was really pleased when I booked as the lady on the phone was very accommodating with me being gluten free and not eating fruit.
When the afternoon tea arrived it had a fruit scone on it and jam and 2 pieces of gluten free cake compared to my mums 4. In place of the extra cakes I was given extra sandwich.
All of my mums sandwiches were presented nicely with the crusts cut off and mine all had crusts on. When we asked for a plain scone as I had been told I would get one, I was told they didn’t do any plain scones. They removed the scone from my plate by there fingers.

Trip type: Traveled with family
JonathanP4277, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

Dear 7Clairee7

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry this experience did not met with your expectations.

While the comments you make appear to be out of character and certainly not how we would like to be portrayed, we will of course take these on board and ensure corrective coaching is delivered to our team.

Please accept my sincere apologies again for this shortfall.

Reviewed May 26, 2019

Nicely placed in front of the canal , very confortable , with a very much attentionned reception , breakfast is perfect , highly recommendable . The restaurant within the hotel is equal to the high standard of the hotel

• Trip type: Traveled on business
JonathanP4277, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Dear BernardZ625

Thank you for the wonderful review following your recent stay.

We are delighted you enjoyed this visit, and look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed May 26, 2019

very welcoming staff, hotel clean the room was ok but few things missing,,no rubber bath mat, hot water was only warm and bathroom could do with makeup/shaving mirror.size of windows very disappointing and also view. on website it states parking acvailable but dosent mention cost, ideally situated. breakfast was good nice and hot

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Janet P

Thank you for sharing your experiences following your recent stay with us.

Constructive feedback which we will review and make changes where appropriate.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

My friends & I ended my Hen Party celebrations with a few drinks at The Electric Bar last night & thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere when we arrived, it was alive but relaxed, we chose our drinks and the barman we spoke to, Brad King was especially attentive, he advised us on what drinks would be best for our taste and had a laugh with the girls about various things! We enjoyed our evening & even as we were leaving we ended up sharing the lift with Brad who had been waiting for the lift before we went over & he asked if we were happy for him to share the lift with us which I thought was very thoughtful of him, and of course we didn’t mind. On the way down my friend asked if we could have some of the cookies that the hotel give away to paying guests and we thought nothing of it and then the next minute Brad popped back with a tray of 6 cookies for all of us and wished us a lovely rest of the night! I thought this was very sweet of him as I know we weren’t paying guests. My Hen night was brilliant fun & I would like to say that it’s so refreshing to meet staff who clearly enjoy their work and the people they meet as much as Brad. If all the staff are like this we would definitely return! Thank you Brad, the cookies were delicious!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear 08062019

Thank you for the wonderful review following the end of your Hen Party celebrations in The Electric Bar.
Brad is a great asset to the team in Electric and we will ensure this feedback is shared.

Reviewed May 22, 2019

Hotel is located in the centre of Lincoln opposite the waterway. Found it a little difficult to find front entrance and car park using the satnav as these can be found via a pedestrianised road which can be misleading. Satnav postcode directs you to the Holiday Inn which is next door. Reception staff excellent and very helpful. Rooms are clean and tidy as was the bathroom. Downside: if you like fresh air coming into the room then you will be disappointed as the windows don't open. Also, lighting in the room is poor. Window takes up a quarter of the exterior wall with three-quarters being taken up with dark curtain-covered wall making the room seem quite oppressive and claustrophobic. There was a large mirror over the area that could be used as a dressing table but this was of no use as the lighting wasn't insufficient.

Room tip: Rooms with view over the waterway can be reserved at a price otherwise your room will probably be overlooking a brick wall!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
JonathanP4277, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

Dear Annette N

Thank you for your feedback and whilst constructive and valid for the TA members, I do believe you found the hotel met with your expectations.

Unfortunately the team at the hotel have little opportunity to change the points you raise regarding access and design, but to know you found the team delivered great hospitality and the rooms are clean and tidy is great to hear.

I do hope the points you mention would not deter you from visiting again.