2,258 results
All reviews electric bar double tree warm cookies car park fifth floor the marco pierre white restaurant rooftop bar chocolate cookies lucy tower king room brayford pool overlooking the marina limited parking modern hotel brayford wharf water front excellent hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A nice hotel located at the bottom of the hill. Breakfast was decent, but dinner in the same restaurant was overpriced for its value. Other restaurants within walking distance are pretty decent and offer a wide variety of food choices. Room was a little bit on the older side but still very nice. Staff was excellent. Would definitely stay at this hotel again

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
JonathanP4277, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear michaelsG1976GJ

Thank you for the kind review and constructive feedback.

I will ensure the feedback for Marcos is shared with the team, and of course delighted you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a fairly new hotel and typical of a high-end chain; long corridors with brown doors, so you walk into the room and the bathroom is right there, next to the door, with the windows at the far side of the room. We stayed in a king executive for two nights and it was very nice. Spacious room, comfy bed, soft pillows, modern decor. Nothing offensive but nothing spectacular either. We enjoyed drinks in the bar, on the top floor, overlooking the marina and the restaurant has views of the cathedral in the distance. The hotel experience was good and all staff were very professional and pleasant. However the parking was a nightmare. First off, it’s difficult to locate the front of the hotel and car park because it’s via a pedestrianised area which our sat nav failed to recognise. But, worse than that, the hotel only has 40 spaces for 160 rooms so only a lucky 25% get parked. There is a busy public car park that is a 5 minute walk away and which we were forced to use but were not comfortable in doing so. The Holiday Inn is located next to The Doubletree and I understand they have similar parking issues. It’s disappointing that two huge hotels have been built without adequate parking facilities. Most guests will arrive by car so what are they supposed to do? Apart from the parking experience, it was a pleasant weekend and Lincoln is a fantastic town with a great buzz.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear LouLouMaythorne,

Thank you for the kind review following your recent stay.

I am sorry the car parking is a challenge at the hotel, but it can be a similar situation in most city centre hotels.

I do hope this does not deter you from visiting again.

Reviewed May 6, 2019

Not at all impressed by this hotel, the room was very basic with no fridge, no water, poor lighting to do your hair & make up by & a poky window that didn’t open at all.
For the price with no breakfast included I’ve had better at a Premier Inn.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Turquoisebeetle
JonathanP4277, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Dear Turqoisebeetle

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that this visit did not meet with your expectation.
Feedback is always important to us, and if from this we can make any amends to our product and service, we will endeavour to make the changes.

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

My son and his wife paid a substantial price for a double room, only to be very disappointed. My daughter in law had difficulty doing her hair and make up as there wasn’t a mirror/hairdryer/table at which to sit. The room was also ‘pokey’ and lack lustre.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 351tracyr

Dear 351

Thank you for the feedback you have provided on behalf of your son and daughter in law.
With our 'make it right' programme our team will always endeavour to find a solution in situations like this, but I am unaware as to whether they have brought it to our attention.
All we would ask is that our guests let us know as soon as possible.

Reviewed May 4, 2019

I booked doubletree for Lincoln through booking.com. When I arrived I was told that due to booking through this website, I would be put into an accessibility room, meaning I had a wet room, with all services adapted for wheelchair uses. Whilst this itself is not a problem and I comment the hotel for providing this, as I was not explicitly informed during my booking, it was an unpleasant shock. Therefore, if you are staying at doubletree, do not use booking.com.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank GoPlaces54553673496

Dear GoPlaces54553673496

Thank you for your comments. All we would advise to guests is please double check the room type booked, as there are occasions when only specific room types will be available.
This will apply to our own website as well as other online agents.