“Well worth a visit”

Ranked #284 of 467 Restaurants in Lincoln
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Open Wednesday to Sunday, I eat here on a Wednesday evening and have to say, the real ale is so good, it's dangerous ! The wine is also reasonably priced with a good selection.

I opted for the Roast Beef Carvery, this is served mid week direct from the kitchen. I have to say, it was absolutely excellent and I could not believe the amount of food supplied, two people could have eaten this meal and both been full. I had to leave 1 pee on the plate I was that full !!

There is a massive car park which could accommodate several coaches and the establishment, off A46 Withem St Hughs is very easy to find. (Sat navers, programme The Avenue)

The landlord is very pleasant and I found other guests friendly.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

had an excellent carvey on sunday and the vegetarian wellington was very tasty too. lovely surroundings, plenty of character.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Lovely Mothering Sunday carvery today.. The surroundings are really nice, olde worlde and chic..
Perhaps strangely enough too many staff and not fully trained, however very pleasant and the food was lovely, beautifully cooked and hot, with huge Yorkshire puddings... As this was a special day, they were very busy, but it was fine... We were all busy talking and didn't want to be rushed.. Yes a lovely lunch, will definitely return...

Reviewed March 30, 2014

First review I have ever left, normally can't be too bothered, but after we ate here I checked it out on trip advisor thinking it surely must have wonderful reviews I was astonished to see so many bad reviews in here. We stopped by here after a weekend away, we passed on the way to seaside and I noticed it and thought it looked lovely x as we travelled back (not thinking ahead we forgot about it being Mother's Day, so was expecting wherever we ate to be crazy)...we saw it again and pulled off to try here. Although the restaurant was busy, we found a place in the bar area and ordered 2 adult and 2 children's carverys. With 4 soft drinks it came to 32, so we were very pleased with price to start with.
We were lucky with carvery, there was no one waiting so we were served quickly by a professional chap. Was impressed by range of vegetables, and the gravy was perfect. We all agreed it was best carvery we had ever had, and we have been to loads.
So wether we just caught the place on a good day, or things have just improved since the bad reviews who knows...but I would highly recommend based on our experience, and would make a point of visiting again if we are in the area.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had a lovely meal. Staff were chatty and helpful. So if looking for a nice Sunday roast in a beautiful pub then go here .