“Good value for money”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Marlow, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We ate here on 3 consecutive evenings so it cannot be bad! No shortage of food, you will not go hungry! In general the food was very good but with one poor dish on the last evening. This was, however, well dealt with by the staff and it is very good value for money.

Peolple are all very nice & service is reasonable. I do feel though that one of the waiting staff should be in the restaurant most of the time, whilst accepting that at very busy times this is not always possible. On more than one ocassion I had to go to the bar myself to get another drink.

Certainly worth a visit.

• Visited May 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent lunchtime meal & great service Thursday 1st May”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have recently moved to the village with my family and thought we would treat ourselves to an afternoon meal and glass of wine in the local pub. We have heard great reviews about The Carpenters Arms and I can say that we weren't disappointed. The pub had a lovely atmosphere, with the food and service being impeccable and prompt. The staff were extremely friendly and couldn't have made us feel more welcome. My family and I would not hesitate to visit again soon.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank CThomas83
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Lunchtime Sunday 6th April”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Four of us have eaten fairly often at the Carpenters Arms Fiskerton. In general it has been fine with good service and good food. We booked for lunch on Sunday 6th April at 14.15, later than normal as we were told there was a party of 19 at the earlier sitting. We arrived in good time to find the place teeming with waiting diners. Nobody told us how long we would have to wait or what was going on, nobody offered a menu and nobody came to take an order when we sort out menus. Some staff were clearly put out with the workload. In due course it became apparent we would not get lunch served for a long time. Asked to see the manager/manageress but were told they were not available (to take the flack). Left without lunch, not the only ones. An absolute shambles and disgrace.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Chris T
“Fantastic Meal !!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have been here twice over the past week. The first occasion was for Sunday Lunch. The second time was for a meal with friends.
The food and service on both visits have been fantastic! No wonder they have won awards!

If you want traditional pub food with a lovely atmosphere, great service, great food and the right price visit here!

• Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“poor experience”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Having eaten here previously and was very pleased with the menu and food. I returned on Thursday evening just after 6pm only to be informed abruptly that we would have to wait at least half an hour before we could even order food! Even though there were only a handful of diners in the restaurant (this is the second time this has happened to me in as many months) There was no explanation to why this was. Along with my partner and I there were 4 other chaps in the same position and hence to say we all walked out.

• Visited March 2014